Sign in to follow this  
Reeyo

The Hobbit!

SeeKer   

Peter Jackson is a diff breed the man envisioned LOR when he was young. He went and scouted all the scenes and knew how he wanted to do after reading the book. He deserves all the fame and fortune cause he believed in something and didnt back down even when no one believed in him at first. A vision is all it takes and a little creativity lol

SeeKer   

I got fooled into thinking man with an iron fist was taratinos only to find out it was his film company and rza directed it :( i am not sure abt django though, what with the slavery connotation and his bad acting :(

The acting is exaggerated in Tarantino movies anyway, plus it's partially inspired by the original Django. I am glad he's taking on slavery issue,

It's amazing they make Lincoln movie but not slaves in plantations.

SeeKer   

I don't think anyone goes to the movies to be enlightened so i doubt it will do much but let me know if its worth a trip to the theatre.

SeeKer;899312 wrote:
I don't think anyone goes to the movies to be enlightened so i doubt it will do much but let me know if its worth a trip to the theatre.

I don't think anyone would be either, it brings the subject matter into the mainstream. Let me put this way, just think about the number of holocaust movies and how people are not shy to discuss that subject.

Are you Tarantino fan?

SeeKer   

I enjoy his works but i dont go gaga over him ;) Holocaust wasn't really brought main stream by movies, it was a full fledged PR war. If you like movies about social issues try the international genre/foreign genre.

SeeKer   

Lol ok you must be getting old then ahaha for you to be falling asleep all willy nilly. I wish i could fall asleep so easily.

SeeKer   

Complicated? Hopefully not. You watched life of pi? My friends and i argued over that movies hidden meaning for two days.