Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Deyroow u fiirsooo...

Abtigiis   

We now know how Xaaji Xundjuf treats chatty strangers, especially when they interfere with his conversation with newly acquired gadgets. These strangers are bothersome, rude, uncivilized or even crazy. According to him.

They cannot be honest compatriots just little bit overexcited by the sight of a fellow somali. They cannot be stressed folks from the same soil ventilating some troubling twists of life and therefore badly in need of considerate listeners. They cannot be good-hearted men and women who however are a little bit presumptive about the acceptable etiquettes of the new Somalis. They cannot be wise men who are still adjusting to new moral orders in new lands and therefore passing through a learning phase.

No, no. They are lumpen primitives. Even dangerous.

Dear SOLers, with that we conclude a glimpse into the contents of the white stuff inside Xaaji Xundjuf's skull.

Which makes Omer and Maryan's Hal-Xidhaale the right prescription.

Hadal kaa da' waynoo

Dib u baadi doontaa

Waa xeerka dunidee

Deyroow u fiirsoo

Cudurkii ku doorshee

Dadkuu helana aan dilin

Dawo yeelan ii sheeg ???

Xaaji, please answer the Hal-Xidhaale. It is an open book exam.

Refer to this song.

http://www.heesta.com/hees.php?id=184

NGONGE   

It's very amusing that when the irrepressible Xaaji decided to leave his comfort zone and wander into the General secion the entire site was in uproar. :D

Abtigiis   

Ngonge, :D from amusement perspective Xaaji's arrival in the general section is very welcome.

Unfortunately, as he moves from the politics section, this earlier observation must also come to this section.

By itself, foolishness is not exactly a crime. Provided it goes camel-herding into the sandy jungles of Hawd and Nugaal. Provided it tills fertile land with brute force in Dilla and Borame. And provided it knows its location and confines. It is not a punishable crime, provided it remains profoundly modest, silent even. With such deportment, it could in fact pass for wisdom. It is when it yells, that it becomes insufferable. It is when it wears the shameless garb of impudence, that it becomes nauseating.

N.O.R.F   

I still think Xaaji wouldn't do what he said he did. In fact, I think he was the one that was blanked by an Apophis on a train :D

Abtigiis   

Norf, i have the same feeling. XX to me seems more than what he gives us here. But i am on his case, the Apophisis of this earth may naively take after him on the mechanisms of dealing with benign intrusion.

Apophis, avoiding people talking to you is blanking and therefore rude too. Clearly, Xaaji's story was about a man talking to him not someone he could have avoided. If you avoid, and no one talks to, well... it is your choice. It is strange though to me. I don't plan to meet people while travelling, i don't plan to avoid. I see how it turns out and deal with it. In most cases, i don't find people who irritate me. If someone talks me while i am wanted to read or listen to music, i give him some time, exhaust whatever issue he raised (surely not a debate), and then tell him " hawl yar baan rabaa inaan qabsado ee... ama wax baan yar dhageeysanayaa". How you put your excuse also depends on who you are talking to.

The key message is unless the other person some offensive things or acted wild, you should make him feel respected and welcomed. It needs few kind gestures from you but it means a lot to our collective joy.

But, Apo, i presume you are still dealing with the warts of growth. You belong to what i like to call " what the fck.." generation. Life is about chilling, being cool, scoffing at the others, and i don't give a horse sh.it!!! Tell the peasants off, adeer.

Abtigiis   

Apo, there is no your Vs mine here. We are commenting on Xaaji's story. As far as I am concerned, you are talking about a different problem. That of whether someone has to be outgoing or more reticent etc. That is not the issue. The issue is how the 'avoiding' and 'accomodating' guy should react when they are faced with the Xaaji situation. It comes down to was Xaaji right or wrong looking at the information given in his story. Those who say he should have spoken to the man are not saying, I guess, what the chatty man did was right or they would have done the same. Those who say Xaaji is right also are not necessarily saying they will do that to every guy who asks for little information on direction, time etc.

So, don't bring the you are this, i am this into this discussion. Ileen war uma hayside.

By the 'Apophisis' of this world, I mean you, Mooge, Oba, Che, and NinYaaban. :D is it a bit clearer now?

Abtigiis   

There is right or wrong at any given time in any given setting. There are social moral orders that while constantly evolving and adapting still provide a regulatory framework for our social interactions and behaviour. So, we judge and we are judged. Rarely do we not do this. Judgement and providing narratives is not only about what we say, it is also about what we don't say. Silence is a narrative by itself.

When you say avoidance is fine, you are making a judgemental statement. When you say intrusion is bad, you are making a judgement. Sure, we can agree to let every man live with his judgement. No one is saying he should be prosecuted. If you spit in public, it is deemed bad. A fasting Faarax may think spitting is fine. It is his right. But he will be judged badly.

If 20 people in a country of 25 agree wearing shades is disrespectful, it becomes the dominant moral construct and wearing shades becomes wrong in the eyes of the inhabitants of this 25 man country.

Abtigiis   

But Xaaji was saying the guy was wrong!!! And that he did the right thing by ignoring him. That was the unmistakeable connotative message.

War hedde you are sharp guy. Laakiin inaad garawdo baro. I can't claim my position is right and your is wrong. What we say is an opinion, but that doesn't mean there is no hegemonic opinion, or conversely an underdog opinion. By discussing the matter, the hope was we will be able to establish one dominant moral statement on the Xaaji story.

Professor Abtigiis have a habit of wasting his valuable ink on on frivolous topics.

Muxuu yiri Khaliif,

mar baad arag markhuun boqol jiroo mayrasho aqoone'e

marna toban jir mawluca kitaab meeriyaad araga'e

Abtigiis   

Xinn, overall your observation is not untrue; but this topic is important. It is about setting some moral guidelines for brainwashed youth who mistake modernization for westernization. Also I am sure the Oodweyne thread about Gaboose wasn't more enlightening or substantive.

And... We are not in this forum mainly for the substantive. We relish the frivolous subjects as long as they give us some fun. I know that is not something your drudgery-filled life comprehends.

^^Yac :D

Don't fall for the hecklers distraction about my strategic thread. The Oodweyne post was supposed to be a well constructed snare for our missing pal, Oodweyne. Alas, I thought you of all people would appreciate the worthy trap...

Abtigiis   

No, I didn't appreciate. I have come to know that Oodweyne's absence is a blessing. We like his long-winded witty lines but he has really lost his muse for a while and the 'defeated lot' slogan is all he is left with as things got bleak for the Northern brothers.

I think he knows he doesn't have much to say and that is why he is hiding. The coup de grace was served by Fozia's desertion! :D

:D @ The coup de grace was served by Fozia's desertion!

how much of an effect will that ever have on Northern politics, Abtigiis? I know I digress ...