Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somalia to revisit and redesign foreign policy – FM Fowzia

Somalia to revisit and redesign foreign policy – FM Fowzia

fowzia_yusuf0230-618x463.jpg

The Somali government is to set to review and reassess its foreign policy and plans to deploy a more partisan approach to ensure its interests are better served are underway.

This was the message delivered by the newly appointed Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Affairs Minister Mrs Fowzia Yusuf Haji Adan during a press conference.

“We are going to reassess our foreign policy and reprioritize its main elements,” she told the press in Mogadishu.

The minister reiterated that her department would launch restructure programmes that will see new reforms in the existing eleven bodies. She went on to say this would enable Somalia to reengage her with the rest of the international community after two decades of absence.

Mrs Fowzia stressed that the new foreign policy will be based on cooperation, mutual interests and restoring the good Somali name in the international stage.

This will be the biggest move yet to fundamentally redesign the country’s foreign policy since the collapse of Mohamed Siad Bare’s military regime in 1991. Embassies including staff and foreign relations will be some of the priorities that will be revisited as she hinted.

Mrs Fowzia said plans to redesign the foreign policy and foreign relation questions would be open for discussion. She noted she will discuss multitude of issues surrounding the new approach with a panel of Somali ambassadors, the current Director-General of the ministry of foreign affairs Mr. Abdulqadir Abdirahman Abdi and other officials within the foreign arm.

The ministry is responsible for the country’s foreign policy, trade and cooperation between the Somali interests outside the country.

Fowzia is the country’s first female foreign minister and is part of a small cabinet of only ten ministers. The proposed changes will ensure Somalia is inline with changes in the region and in the international stage. Fowzia hopes to restart Somalia’s foreign policy journey after a long pause.

Somalilandpress

Somalia   

This is the most positive article this secessionist website has ever written of Somalia, and it's because a secessionist is at the centre of it. :eek:

Carafaat   

Mrs Fowzia said plans to redesign the foreign policy and foreign relation questions would be open for discussion. She noted she will discuss multitude of issues surrounding the new approach with a panel of Somali ambassadors, the current Director-General of the ministry of foreign affairs Mr. Abdulqadir Abdirahman Abdi and other officials within the foreign arm.

Somalilandpress

Good move to comedy to a more coherent policy.

Abwaan   

Xaaji Xunjuf;892757 wrote:
Sidu warqada u sido ma arkaysa:D

Anything wrong with that? Afka miyuu ku qabsan lahaa?:D Madame Fawzia is doing a good job so far.

Somalia;892765 wrote:
This is the most positive article this secessionist website has ever written of Somalia, and it's because a secessionist is at the centre of it. :eek:

Is that because you don't like the foreign ministry anymore ?? ,,, :D

Somalia   

I don't like it, a known secessionist who has campaigned to divide up Somalia is foreign minister.

M/s Fozia Haji Aden made the statements during an exclusive interview with somalilandsun where she also revealed that six groups are going to hold demonstrations against the decision made to disqualify them even before the elections are held

Read Below the verbatim excerpts of the interview which was at times very emotional

Q. What is your position on the government's decision on withdrawing from talks with Somalia?

A.
I support this decision 100% as it was a very wise move because the TFG team was unacceptable to Somaliland's interest.

At the same time I congratulate the minister of foreign affairs Dr Mohamed Abdilahi Omar, who has performed commendably in his duties which have seen resulted in the country shining at the international stage, he is a true son of Somaliland.

What do you think is the position of women politically especially in lieu of your removal from the male dominated process?

http://www.somalilandsun.com/index.php/politics/601-somaliland-convince-us-aspirant-tells-committee

Somalia   

If I disliked her clan, then I didn't like other wasiiro, Mr Carab Ciise did not adhere to this secession ideology.

Her clan however is very irrelevant to my political view, like a side show sxb, the real games are in Mogadishu, my eyes are focused there. Take a few villages there, and here, who cares man, the big boy game is on, play your cards.

496e4a732eee0_64306n.jpg

Somalia   

No I haven't. The two previous cabinets have been good except there was an interior minister I didn't care for but he was not of the secessionist sect.

But this one is different, I just showed you proof, why you turning this into a clan thing :confused:, that interview is from April. Some people can't help facts, you know what Fox News once said, facts are not irrefutable.