Sign in to follow this  
guerilla

Housing Benefit

guerilla   

The caps on housing benefits must adversely affect Somali households, does anyone know of any individuals/families getting their benefits reduced/withdrawn?

guerilla   

Juxa nope, in fact I've only just realised that for all the years I spent living in sh!t holes, sharing flats with ghastly, smelly people, I could've claimed. I spent two years paying 80% of my earnings on a studio the size of a shoebox (had enough of sharing), barely enough money for Jim Beam, when there were/possibly still are unemployed people living in £500 a week houses in St Johns Woods?!? Off with their Housing Benefits I say,

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/oct/15/bed-and-breakfast-families-crisis?INTCMP=SRCH

I found this article infuriating, it's incredulous, even for the Guardian. I was just wondering how many Somali's have been affected, haven't come across any stories thus far..

Apophis, I actually thought my vote would make a difference, shouldn't have got off the floor for them (mine is a story of bedlessness and woe). Seriously though, I probably will vote again and if by some miracle the Lib Dems get their act together and demand an election, I'm voting for the Official Monster Raving Loony party.