Sign in to follow this  
Mujahida

Can a StepSon Break the wudu of his StepMom?

Mujahida   

AsalamaAlaykum

Does anyone know the answer to my question?

I do know that a step mother can never marry her stepSon, even if his father dies but What does islam say about the uncovering herself infront of him & And shacking his hands? Therefore Does she need to do her wudu after that? I know that he's not considered a Non-mahram but can anyone shed some light on this for me InshaAllah?

Jezekelah in advance

Modesty   

Asalaamu Alaykum,

The answer is NO the stepson doesn't invalidate her wudu, because thats almost like her own son.I'm very positive that is the correct view.

Modesty   

Asalaamu Alaykum,

Leateafha, I tried looking for authentification through the net, and I haven't spotted anything yet.Mostly it talks about a women can't shake hands with a non-mahram man, but a women can shake hands with an old man, and a man can shake hands with an old women.

My brother lived with his stepmom, and he was treated just like one of her sons. I usually choice the most logical view when it comes to these things.

Mujahida   

AsalamaAlaykum

Modesty. Thanks sis. I appreciate that you took some time to research some prove for me. Jezekelah.

Maybe i should just use my most nearest logical view as well. It's just that i've been looking for some hadeeth but i couldn't get hold of any.

I've been getting mixed messages about this certain topic. So i just wanted to clear things up for once and for all. I'd mostly feel pleased if there was a authentic hadeeth or something in the Quraan.

Thanks again Modesty.

Barakalah Fiik! smile.gif

Zakariye   

`

Uthman ibn `Affan (RAA) said:

"I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) say:

`There is no Muslim person who, when the time for prayer comes, performs wudu' properly, concentrates on his prayer and bows correctly, but the prayer will be an expiation for the sins committed prior to it, so long as no major sin has been committed. This is the case until the end of time.'"6 (Sahih Muslim 3/112).

It is natural that a Muslim woman who does not mix with men would not wish to shake hands with anyone who is not her mahram, in accordance with the teaching and example of the Prophet (PBUH). Bukhari reports that `A'ishah (May Allah be pleased with her) said: