Sign in to follow this  
Yonis

Is it Halaal or Haram?

Yonis   

I have this friend who went to a chrisms party. His co-workers invited him to attend the party. He went there and enjoyed with them. When he came back, he brought some food with him. So, my question is can I eat that food??

salams all.. rashiid bro... i think u have two issues to deal with... first him going to the party?,,, and the food he brougth? we have to know weather dat food is haram,,,like it's not mix with pork,or with something like wine etc,, in this case u know the answer,,, but if it's from a halal source,,, i don't know i have to find out,,probably u thinking him going to the party which is haram..so the food must be haram right.. it might not be so, Allah knows best..anyways i try to find out Insha Allah..

wasalam..

i have heard that is haram. although the food may be halal food but because it was bought for the sake of christamas it is haram.

they got this food to celebrate something which is Blasphemy they are saying they celebrating the birtday of god because jesus is god to them istagfurallah.

Yonis   

Asalamu caleykum

Islamtoday and ukhti-Muslima, thanks for your honest contributions.

Islamtoday, you are right, we can understand several things for that question. First, going to party and mixing the opposite gender is not allowed in Islam. Second thing, if the food they serve is pork and wine, it becomes automatically haram. If they don’t serve pork, we can say their food is halaal to us, because they are people of the kitab. However, there is something goes wrong in their celebration. As Ukhti_ Muslima mentioned, they sacrifice that food for Jesus--considering him as a God. In this case, it becomes haram because anything that has been slaughtered as a sacrifice for other than Allah is Haram.

Sometimes, they know that you are a Muslim, so they give you or allow you to take some fruits and anything that is not a pork or wine. This is the thing I don’t understand and I could not say whether it is haram or halaal. I don’t want to say this is halaal and this is haram because I don’t want to make up a lie against Allah. You know Allah (swt) said in his holly Quran, “ And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: “This is lawfully and this is forbidden†so as to invent lies against Allah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allah will never proper†[surat An-Nehl, verse 116]. Therefore we need to be very very careful before we say this is a lawful and this is not a lawful. I still can’t get it; I am just trying to avoid such things if it is haram.

rasheed what dont you realy understand. first of all we should not attend their celebrations, you said

Sometimes, they know that you are a Muslim, so they give you or allow you to take some fruits and anything that is not a pork or wine.

why would you go to their celebration in the first place

even if they give you some fruit this fruit was for other then allah. doesnt this make it haram??

1. Are the private parts (sexual organs) of quedruped animals (like cats, dogs, wolfs) halal. Asians seem to eat them. They also dry them, crush them into smaller pieces and sprinkle on favourite dishes.

2. Is there such thing as halal pork :confused:

3. Or halal wine?

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

2. Is there such thing as halal pork :confused:

3. Or halal wine?

Is this a joke? Its the pork and wine which is haram. A haram thing cant be made halal as the components which makes it haram are never lost in the composition of the original substance. Thinking as a scientist how can pork /wine be purified to be termed halal?? Impossible as its whole package its Haram And As the Creator said so Its Haram.End of story.

As for the animals, I dont know got 2 check it up sounds disgusting though.

Foxy   

Yes You can eat at an invited party, let it be Xmass or House party if U desire so........even the take aways from Xmass party is still classified as food last I checked

and yes there isnt a big deal with going to Xmass parties with co-workers, besides its the end of the year festive season holidays, and most ppl dont celebrate Xmass for religious reasons. But for festive holiday season,

Socod Badne, Rumour has it there is a new off the Hook halal Apple martinis!

cheers

PS 4 more months till Xmass, Jolly good season

salams all.. socod_badne.. yeah wine or pork become halal when u say "bismiAllah" just b4 u dirnk or eat,,,,looooooooll... just kidding,,, socod-badne.. what's the matter with u,,u should know better, bro/sis if we let things like this get to su which r so obvious then how abuot matters which regard the "Aqeeda" which is sooo easy to get lost in... if we don't ask Allah SWA for help..

as for the cats,dogs, and wolves... we are not allowed to eat them,,, 'cause SAW said: animals with claws and canine tooth are not permissible for us to eat...,,, so they r out of the question.. Allah SWA knows best.. this is what i remember regading this animals..

sorry i didnt intend to offend, if i did i apologize...

wasalam..

Haseena   

Bismillah

Salamu Calaykum wa Raxmatullah Wa Barakatu

Know my brothers and sisters, if you say something to be halal which Allah Azza Wa Jal has made haram for you, you have indeed erred and commited KUFR. Insha Allah Be careful, know that legislation is only for Allah, and the Muslim is the one who Obeys Allah, and abstains from that which He forbid and enjoys that which he made halal. A muslim can’t pick and choose from this deen, you either take it wholly our leave it, don’t be like the jews or the Christians.

Indeed it is those who are without knowledge of this deen, that utter thing that goes against this true deen. I would advise my brothers and sisters, starting with my self, know that knowledge comes before speech, so learn your deen in order to avoid committing shirk, kufr and etc, and to command the macruf and forbid munkar, and really fear Allah, because every soul shall taste death, and with death comes the reckoning every soul shall receive what ever they have earned of good or bad deeds.

May Allah subhanahu wa tacala make us amongst those who have knowledge of this deen, and act according with its teachings/ aamiin

May Allah subhanahu wa tacala make us amongst those who have knowledge of this deen, and act according with its teachings/ aamiin

ameen

Originally posted by ilaaliye1:

quote:

Make them 3 issues sis, third being, can he befriended with a christian? its a question we have to ponder upon! Allah knows best
the following aya answers your question

You (O Muhammad SAW) will not find any people who believe in Allâh and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW ), even though they were their fathers, or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred (people). For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with Rûh (proofs, light and true guidance) from Himself. And We will admit them to Gardens (Paradise) under which rivers flow, to dwell therein (forever). Allâh is pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of Allâh. Verily, it is the Party of Allâh that will be the successful. (Al-Mujadilah 58:22)

Yonis   

Sister, Ukhtii-Muslimah, first of all, thank you for the taking time to, it is very much appreciated. Second thing, I did not say going to Chrisms party is allowed. If you really read the first article I posted, you would not think in that way. I was at home when my friend brought the food, since I was not the one who attended the party I felt like it is okay for me to eat-- even thou, I did not eat it because I was not quite sure if it was halaal or haram. I hope you understand where I am coming from right now.

Anyway, as I said earlier, and I believe sister Haseena also said, we must be careful what we say halaal or haram.

salams all... Hassena ,, jazaka Allahu Khairan for ur advice,, Wallahi... i get the feeling dat u were commenting on what i wrote to Socod-badne... i said dat out of amazement and sarcasm,, May Allah SWA forbid this poor soul of mine making judgement on his behalf...

wasalam....