Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

President Xasan Sheick on Somalia and Somaliland talks (video)

Carafaat   

The Presidents is determined to continue the talks with Somaliland and remove any obstacle that stands in the way of these talks.

That is the right direction. He has my blessings. :D

Apophis;868108 wrote:
No forced union but inclusive and negotiated settlement; he has my vote.

How about a referendum on independence village by village for every district in Somaliland.

Apophis;868110 wrote:
The situation is too complicated to be settled in such a way; but let me ask you, what if some clans wish to be part of Somalia, do you think they have the right to choose?

We will know that when we hold a UN supervised referendum on independence maybe half of Hargeysa wants to be part of Somalia we dont know dont you wanna find out.

Apophis;868113 wrote:
I do but you want a permanent settlement where everybody is, reasonably, satisfied with the outcome

Yes i want a permanent settlement i don't think it will be a big problem Somaliland and Somalia can reach a deal. Somalia has little to lose they still have a big territory remember Somalia is twice the size of Somaliland Somalia still has all the fertile land and will not lose many resources it will lose some population but that's about. I mean with Somaliland attached to Somalia internationally Somalia cant focus on her own domestic issues as in rebuilding the country i see Somaliland as bad energy on Somalia and we need to solve that.

XX, there will ne mo referendum or the South Sudan type of option. Somaliland is not South Sudan. All legitimate grievances should be settled and addressed correctly. A bit of maturity is required from our N-Western brothers.

General Duke;868118 wrote:
XX, there will ne mo referendum or the South Sudan type of option. Somaliland is not South Sudan. All legitimate grievances should be settled and addressed correctly. A bit of maturity is required from our N-Western brothers.

The independence issue will be addressed whether u like it or not do not be afraid of a Recognized Somaliland it will be very peaceful towards ur people In Puntland.

Xaaji Xunjuf;868121 wrote:
The independence issue will be addressed whether u like it or not do not be afraid of a Recognized Somaliland it will be very peaceful towards ur people In Puntland.

Adeer you are deluding yourself as ever. No one in Somalia will accept treating the NW any different from other communities. Your clan is not that special. Sorry to break to you, but now you have been forced to acceot and take Somalia passports, who has the advantage? :D

General Duke;868131 wrote:
Adeer you are deluding yourself as ever. No one in Somalia will accept treating the NW any different from other communities. Your clan is not that special. Sorry to break to you, but now you have been forced to acceot and take Somalia passports, who has the advantage?
:D

They dont have to accept it they just have to deal with it thats all and i am sure they will deal with it because their loss is not that great.

"How about a referendum on independence village by village for every district in Somaliland."

I have no problem with Somaliland independence even though I am from puntland. But the issue is will Somaliland give up all claims to ssc lands including the current supporters of somaliland. I await your answer Xaaji. Because if ssc lands is split then borders tensions between Somalia and Somaliland will exist indefinitely as somalis are very tribal and your current supporters could defect to Somalia and this is not how national borders are treated internationally, like a political game.

Xaaji Xunjuf;868173 wrote:
They dont have to accept it they just have to deal with it thats all and i am sure they will deal with it because their loss is not that great.

I dont think its fair on the people of NW Somalia to be isolated from the rest of the country. Even Abdirahman Tuur (AUN) never belived in Somaliland independence and he is the founding father..:D

puntnomads;868178 wrote:
"How about a referendum on independence village by village for every district in Somaliland."

I have no problem with Somaliland independence even though I am from puntland. But the issue is will Somaliland give up all claims to ssc lands including the current supporters of somaliland. I await your answer Xaaji. Because if ssc lands is split then borders tensions between Somalia and Somaliland will exist indefinitely as somalis are very tribal and your current supporters could defect to Somalia and this is not how national borders are treated internationally, like a political game.

Now we are talking i think the issues in the sool and sanaag regions must also be addressed even though i believe the majority in those regions support an independent Somaliland. Remember some of them in sool were part of Puntland but rejected that later on eventhough Puntland is a pro union region. Now i believe the issue needs to be addressed as well but its good that u welcome an independence referendum.

you need two for tango that what he said: Midnimadu waa inay laba dhinac ka timaadaa, si wada jira iyo si la wada doonayo oo aan qolana lagu dhibin qolana lagu xoog lagu qasbin haddii xoogasi yahay mid milatari ama mid diblomaasiyeed midna lagu dhibin qolana.

Midnimada waxa uu kaga hadlay qaybta ugu danbaysa hadalkiis He knows he don't need to run before he learn to walk

General Duke;868118 wrote:

While I agree with your sentiments, can you force people who don't want to be a part of a union with you to stay in that union? I think a plebiscite is in order on a region by region bases. While Burco and Hergeisa might go for seccession the SSC areas will not.