Sign in to follow this  
Bambina

What would you give up for the sake of Islam?

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum,

As you know , having faith in Islam and striving to become a better muslim are very important.I have yet so many things to learn in my religion and sins that I must avoid that I might not even be aware of.

Step by step ,Im trying to listen to less music , read less look-alike Cosmopolitan magazines partly because sex is the major topic,read less romance novels,avoid backbiting etc... ,Im even thinking about giving up on movies ,I dont know how I will do that :D , because Im a big fan of movies.But Im aware that most movies contain nudity,coarse language,violence and as a muslim I must be careful.

My biggest passion was to draw people ,but since I learned it was haraam , I let it go off.

It took me almost one year and a half to control my hand and believe me I still have to watch carefully what Im drawing.That was my biggest sacrifice and I dont regret it since Im doing for Allah.

So my question to you nomads is :what is it that you like the most but know that is haraam that you have to give up? Have you ever sacrificied a passion for the sake of Allah?

i was studying law for 2 years but then I found out that my akhira is at risk. I really liked that subject and I wanted to become a lawyer so I paid alot of attention to the lecture...anyways I gave up at the end and now im gonna become teacher insha allah. it was sad...but I got over it.

Wow, mashallah. You're both doing really well. Especially Caramel_kisses, damn, can I relate to that. I wanted to study Law too, but then my mum told me that 2 out of 3 lawyers go to hell. So i had to let it go too. But right now, the thing i'm trying hard to give up would be backbiting. As an African it's pretty damn hard, but I think im getting there. Oh and also swearing.

Inshallah Ill be able to make it! :confused:

mansha allah i think that the scrafices that you both made will be rewarded in the here after life. i myself have not yet given because i don't know all the facts about it but don't do it. ever since i could remember hot cheeto's were my favorite. i swear i ate them all the time. i mean if i saw some body eating my mouth would be all sloopy. but recently my mom told me that it had pork skin on it so now i am trying to investegate it and give it up if it really has pork on it.