Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

MUSLIM SENIOR HOME IN TORONTO???

Khayr   

Salaamz, earlier today in The City Council of Toronto-Scarborough region was having a meeting to vote on the approval of a Muslim Seniors Home

in Scarborough.

There was a lot of backlash by the city councillors and many of them where voting against the plan to build the Muslim Seniors Home.

They were very anti-muslim, yet however everytime

some councillor made there arguments, they reitrated that they were not 'racist/anti-muslim' and that they would support the a Muslim Seniors Home in another location. There arguments consisted of that a Muslim Seniors Home has some of the local residents considered and that it might not be good for the local community.

There were local residents there as well as some muslims.

Can you guess what my stance on this issue is?

Well, I hope inshallah that they reject the application for the Muslim Seniors Home b/c this has never been part of the Islamic Pattern.

It is not in the Sunnah anywhere and it would be a definite Bidah Siyah (A Negative Innovation).

The concept of Senior Homes is a modern day concept just like Life Insurance and other types of insurances are. The reason being and LISTEN UP to this, is b/c it is a Modern day Innovation that has been created by Caplitalism due b/c people have become soooo absorbed in the dunya, working, working and working just for the sake of Working and making more money, that the family life pattern became fragmented and almost non existent TODAY.

Am I wrong in say this?

Out of the breaking up of the family life pattern where in their was support for families in the past b/c individualism was suppressed and the role of responsibility to the Family was IMPORTANT, came a need for creating Senior Homes. Why? B/C Adult children where too pre-occupied in thier jobs that they didn't have time to take care of their AGING PARENTS.

Sick or not, in the muslim world, we don't have these Senior Homes b/c it is always considered the duty of Children to take care of their

AGING PARENTS.

If a Muslim Seniors Home in Toronto is allowed and built, then this would create for the breaking up of the MUSLIM FAMILY PATTERN wherein their still exists a sense of responsibilty to the parents. In the MUSLIM FAMILY PATTERN there was the immediate family are relatives that had the responsibility of taking care of AGING PARENTS.

I know attention spans are short in here and I know how people think, but can you where I'm coming from.

Imagine your Ayayo being sent to a Seniors home or even your Mother. Would you consider that as a possibility. Sick or Healthy doesn't matter.

Asalaamu'alaykum

I second that. Subxan'Allah whats this world coming to :( . May Allah give us strength to get thru this life. Ameen

Wa alaykum salaam

Modesty   

Bismilah,

How absurd is that! As muslims we have to strive to do things differently than the people of the book. The reason why gaalo put their parents and grandparents in nursing homes is because their is no sense of respect. The day the child is born they put it in daycare, the parent doesn't get a chance to instill morals and values in the child, so the child learns from a babysitter who doesn't strive to do that. Do you think the child will respect their parents when they age?NO! Thats why they put parents in senior homes!