Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Debbie Caltiz: Burcad Badeeda Soomaalida oo kufsi kula kacay daad wayeel ah

Saalax   

Haweenay u dhalatay dalka Koonfur Afrika oo muddo 20 bilood ah ay afduub ku heysteen Kooxo burcad badeed Soomaali ah, ayaa sheegtay in dhalinyaradii heysay ay faro-xumeeyeen.

Debbie Caltiz oo u dhalatay dalka Koonfur Afrika ayaa bishii lasoo dhaafay dhamaadkiisii laga siidaayey afduub ay ku heysteen kooxo burcad badeed Soomaali ah kadib muddo 20 bilood ah.

Debbie iyo nin u dhashay dalka Talyaaniga oo lagu magacaabo Bruno Pellizari ayaa bishii Oktoober ee sanadkii 2010kii, ay kooxo burcad badeed Soomaali ah kasoo qafaasheen meel u dhaw jasiirada Madagaskar, ayagoo wata dooni nooca raaxada ah ee loo yaqaan Yacht.

Debbie iyo Bruno ayaa kamid ahaa laheystayaashii wakhtiga ugu dheeraa gacanta ugu jiray kooxaha burcad badeeda Soomaalida.

Kadib markii horaantii bishaan July ay dalka Koonfur Afrika gaareen labaanahan ayaa waxaa soo baxayey warar la xariira habkii ay ulla dhaqmeen kooxda heystay labadan qof oo hada dib ulla kulmay eheladooda oo muddo dheer kala maqnaayeen.

Debbie oo markii ugu horeysay ka hadashay falalka ay kula kaceen burcad badeeda ayaa tiri:

“…Haa way I faro xumeeyeen dhalinyaradii na afduubatay, laakiin wax danbi ah uma heysto, sababtoo ah waxay ahaayeen dhalinyaro la fil ah caruurta aan dhalay, mana aheen dhalinyaro wax badan kala garaneysa…”

“…Dharkii bay iga qaateen oo qol madow bay na geliyeen intii aan afduubka ku jirnay…” ayey tiri Debbie oo haweenay da’a ah, waxayna intaasi ku dartay inaysan hada dooneyn inay dib uga fekerto dhibkii ay soo martay balse ay dooneyso in mustaqbalka ay buug ka qorto.

Haweenaydan iyo ninka laga afduubay ee Bruno ayaa lagu wadaa inay buug kasoo saaraan wixii ay la kulmeen intii afduubka loo heystay.

Dowlada Koonfur Afrika ayaa ayadu horey dadaal u gashay siideynta labadan qof, sidoo kale Dowlada Talyaaniga iyo DFKMG ayaa la sheegay inay iska kaashadeen soo siideynta labadan qof, wallow aan illaa iyo hada la shaacin in kooxda burcad badeeda la siiyey lacag madax furasho iyo cadadka lacagtaasi.

Maaha markii ugu horeysay oo ay kooxaha burcad badeeda qafaashaan dad ajaanib ah iyo haween, balse waa markii ugu horeysay oo qof haweenay ah oo la afduubay ay sheegto in kooxaha burcad badeeda faro xumeeyeen intii ay afduubka ku heysteen.

Horseed Media

Carafaat   

Maybe something did happen. But she cant tell her husband that it was mutual love making between her and the young guys. So she made something up. :D

wiil   

Ufff with somali news webs creating probaganda for the sake of hate

I don't see them talking about rape here in south african website

There were mixed emotions at Johannesburg's OR Tambo International Airport when South African couple Debbie Calitz and Bruno Pelizzari walked out of international arrivals to meet their families and friends on Wednesday.

There were hugs, laughs, screams and tears from both the couple and their relatives - tears of joy and relief, and of pain and heartache symbolic of what the couple had gone through since their capture 20 months ago.

The couple, whose release from Somali pirates was secured last week, were taken hostage off the Gulf of Aden in October 2010 after armed pirates hijacked their yacht as it was about to enter the Mozambique channel, south of Dar es Salaam.

The pair was rescued last Wednesday and flown from Mogadishu to Djibouti and then on to Rome, where Pelizzari's mother lives.

In the emotional homecoming, the frail-looking pair sounded strong spirit despite their physical condition.

Speaking to the media shortly after their arrival, a tearful Calitz expressed gratitude to everyone involved in their rescue and those who kept them in their prayers. "We must have felt the vibrations of South African people because something kept us going ... We love you South Africa."

The couple was received by International Relations and Cooperation Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane when they landed.

The two spoke about their ordeal, which they described as inhumane, as they were treated worse than animals. Calitz said they were not fed well, were handcuffed 24 hours a day, and were also not allowed to bathe much.

The couple was kept together and fed a high starch diet of rice, pasta and bread.

"We were not allowed luxuries which meant no soap. We had one and half litres of water per day between us ... it was just terrible," said Calitz.

Pelizzari, who holds dual South African-Italian citizenship, said they were happy to get their freedom back. Pelizzari, who said he came out of the ordeal a "new person", told reporters that it would take a lifetime to repay everybody.

Hitting back at their captors, he said what the pirates were doing needed to stop. He added that South Africa had created a rainbow nation and, as a country, it had to help others to do the same.

Caltiz's daughter Sam said their safe return was a miracle. "There are no words, it's emotions, we are happy," she said.

Nkoana-Mashabane welcomed the couple, saying it was a happy moment. She assured the couple that no one would take their freedom away now that they were back in the country.

The minister also took some time to express gratitude to both the Somali and Italian governments for their roles in securing the release of the couple.

The instability in Somalia has exacerbated the growing scourge of piracy. Instability due to war and the absence of a functioning government have contributed to the worsening of the situation, while a lack of sustainable programmes for institution and capacity building also renders Somalia more vulnerable to natural disasters.

Last year alone, 24 ships where hijacked in 134 piracy incidents off the Somali coast, according to the European Union Naval Force.

Nkoana-Mashabane said Somalia, with the assistance of the international community, needed to evolve a developmental strategy that would a result in a prosperous and stable democracy.

She also encouraged the families of those who were in similar situations not to give up.

The couple is expected to debrief South African officials about their journey in the next few days

Read more:

source http://www.southafrica.info/news/hostages-280612.htm

Saalax   

wiil not so fast.

‘I was raped by Somali captors’

July 13 2012 at 09:31am

Comment on this story

iol news pic cz Hostages somali

REUTERS

Released South African hostages Bruno Pelizzari, right, and Debbie Calitz, left, are seen after their release in Somalia's capital Mogadishu. File photo: Reuters

Related Stories

'Back from the gates of hell'

Happy to be home

Kidnap couple relish Durban

Debbie Calitz says was raped by her captors during her 20-month hostage ordeal in Somalia, a report has said.

Speaking to the Daily News in Durban on Wednesday, Calitz and her partner Bruno Pelizzari, who landed in South Africa almost two weeks ago, relived aspects of their capture.

Calitz said the most harrowing part was the kidnapping. “It was like a dream,” she said.

They described how they were taken hostage after their yacht, SY Choizil, skippered by Peter Eldridge, was hijacked off the Kenyan coast en route to Richards Bay from Dar es Salaam in October 2010. Eldridge was later rescued.

“Bruno was asleep and I had finished my shift. Peter just started his shift when I saw three speedboats. From a distance they looked like whales,” she said. “Peter took one look and knew they were pirates. He went downstairs and made a Mayday call. Within a minute the leader was aboard, pointing a bazooka at me.”

About five other men also boarded, wielding AK-47 assault rifles, she said. Cellphones, money and jewellery were demanded, in that order.

Calitz said each pirate had about six cellphones.

The third boat, which she described as a “supply” boat, arrived with rice, beans, milk and sugar.

“I asked for a cup of food for Bruno and myself. It was nice, it tasted like rice pudding.”

The couple and the skipper were held on the SY Choizil for about five days before being taken to an island where they said they were interrogated and assaulted.

Calitz said a woman and a girl had been present for a while. The woman seemed to have some clout with the pirates, she said. “When they started to beat me, I told her to take the girl away. She spoke to the men in Somali and they stopped.”

The couple told the Daily News that before their release the couple wore whatever they had on the day they were captured. For Pelizzari it was jeans, a T-shirt and baggies.

Calitz had a bikini and a thin cotton dress, which turned to rags in the first few months of their capture.

At one stage, the couple were separated and Calitz’s bikini was taken from the bathroom, she said. “I was naked all the time.”

Shying away from certain questions, Calitz, who claimed she was raped by her captors, said more would be revealed in a book they were planning to write about their ordeal.

In their almost two years in Mogadishu, Somalia’s largest city, the couple said they were moved – blindfolded – about 17 times.

Calitz said she bore no grudges: “They were young enough to be my children, I can’t hate them. They don’t know any different.”

Pelizzari said some pirates appeared to be friendly, but they had a rule not to speak to the hostages for more than a minute at a time.

“Some were ruthless, but others would sneak us a banana or something now and again,” he said. “I don’t know if it was part of their plan.”

The couple said their only link to the world – and a source of entertainment – was the oil-drenched newspaper wrapping their meals. “We’d read whatever news we could find and do the cryptic crosswords in our heads,” he said.

“Being in a dark room all day, forced to whisper, and no stimulation was horrible. We needed something to occupy our minds.”

The couple also said that pink flip-flops and tarot cards are all that they had kept from their ordeal.

Pelizzari said: “This is all I have from that time. We didn’t want to keep anything.”

Calitz revealed a set of tarot cards made with scraps of paper. “This was the third set we made. We made it from an old school book and pencil Bruno found in a rubbish heap.

“The first set was made out of a sanitary box and charcoal. That was confiscated. We made a second pack from a calendar hanging on the wall, but that too was taken. I’ll never get rid of these,” she said.

Calitz told the Daily News that she would accompany Pelizzari to Dar es Salaam soon to fetch his boat, but that she would fly back. She said her children refused to let her sail again. Details about their release, who had played an instrumental role in freeing, them may never be revealed.

Spokesman for the Department of International Relations, Clayson Monyela, said: “Nothing more will be said on the matter. Security matters are not for public consumption.” - IOL