Sign in to follow this  
ugaas Ali

The God particle no longer a theory

Blackflash;848312 wrote:
No one is denying that people of faith have made great contributions to science, it's strange titles like Islamic science or the Catholic church claiming to have played a large role in enabling research that rubs me the wrong way. Don't confuse those who wish to keep the restrictive tentacles of religion at bay, with those who wish to restrict religion itself.

I recently watched a documentary by Richard Dawkins on faith schools in England; In one Muslim school he visits, the (Muslim) teachers were teaching the kids to disregard any topic which clashes with their believes while ideas such as ' mountains hold up the world' were being taught to the kids as fact!

watch here > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzJv-5yWx2g

Tallaabo   

Blackflash;848131 wrote:
It's great to see a physicist who lived long enough to see the experimental proof of his life's work. He'll likely win the Nobel Prize for physics this year.

He will not win this October for yesterday's discovery as the nominations for this year's laureates is already closed. However, he is likely to share the physics prize in the next three to four years if his is still alive. I hope he is recognised for the contributions he made to science while he is still alive. Intellectual giants before him like Nicola Tesla and Satyendra Nath Bose after whom the boson is named were overlooked by the Nobel committee despite their immense contributions to fundamental science.

Tallaabo   

Blackflash;848244 wrote:
I've always wondered if one could be an immunologists and Muslim at the same time, how are we going tackle issues like cholera in Somalia if so many refuse to acknowledge natural selection and evolution?

I need not choose between my religion and the theory of evolution. They are not mutually exclusive. I do believe that God created live on Earth by the process of evolution. God can create things any how He likes.