Sign in to follow this  
ugaas Ali

The God particle no longer a theory

Mario B   

The-freeman;848287 wrote:
Muslims often claim that they advanced early science; this is true but they often leave out the fact that they were building on the works of the ancient Greeks, Romans,Persian and Byzantine Empire. This is not to devalue the works of early Muslim scientists, they did what any good scientist would do: expand and test theories of others. Muslims should study history beyond the 7th century.

Yep, every generation build on the previous one, Muslim were very good at giving their sources that they created a whole science called Isnad. Muslim did expand on previous knowledge and were also pioneers of new ones, they not only studied knowledge but they preserved it. During the renaissance most of ancient knowledge from the Greeks and Romans was translated back from Arabic. In Incoherence of the Philosophers Al-Ghazali refutes both Plato and Aristotelian philosophy, Muslim were not just passive recipient of previous knowledge, they critiqued, refined and came up with new understanding. Muslim socities only started declining once they abandoned intellectual excellency. IA, I hope it going to change soon.

Mario B   

burahadeer;848288 wrote:
^^ I think it's this tendency to defend Islam at any cost & with all kind pseudos againest an unknown,obsecure enemy about to destroy...kind I would say inferiority complex perpetuated by things they don't have answers for.All of a sudden they turn into hurling curses to kill the debate.

There is no need to for me to defend Islam, it's majestic history is there for all to see. You're quite a sad character. Keep trolling.

Aaliyyah   

A rational mind would say I withold believe until clear evidence suffices.

Mr Freeman, there is no better evidence than the Koran. Watch this link by Khalid yasin. He is a powerful speaker. A rational mind would ask himself why many scientific facts were mentioned in the koran before the science revolution. How did that happen without Allah subhanuhu wa ta'aala.

burahadeer;848288 wrote:
^^ I think it's this tendency..kind I would say inferiority complex perpetuated by things they don't have answers for.All of a sudden they turn into hurling curses to kill the debate.

@Mario.... already stated facts you FIT HERE...........turn to name calling as usual when your bravados can't take you beyond 2nd grade.

Mario B   

^ So you're upset I called you a troll? You haven't added anything to this thread except juvenile comments.

so go ahead & prove us wrong.Who invented cars,planes,trains,light,internet,atomic weapon,radio,AC,telephone,aspirin and everything in use today.I'm not prepared to carry your endless verbal gymnastics all nite long.Bring some beef and stop busying urslv with some minute thing did by some muslim 1000s yrs ago in which he might even borrowed from some otha civilization.

Mario B   

burahadeer;848306 wrote:
so go ahead & prove us wrong.Who invented cars,planes,trains,light,internet,atomic weapon,radio,AC,telephone,aspirin and everything in use today.I'm not prepared to carry your endless verbal gymnastics all nite long.Bring some beef and stop busying urslv with some minute thing did by some muslim 1000s yrs ago in which he might even borrowed from some otha civilization.

Are you mentally ok, saxib? Do you even know what the thread is all about.

You have to remember that in all those R & D laboratories in the West and East they are people of all faiths or no faith, who bring about the good things in life [gadgets]...but I don't understand how your argument has got to do with whether God exists or not?

Mr Freeman, there is no better evidence than the Koran. Watch this link by Khalid yasin. He is a powerful speaker. A rational mind would ask himself why many scientific facts were mentioned in the koran before the science revolution. How did that happen without Allah subhanuhu wa ta'aala.

Someone unaware of history and what other civilisations knew about the world would perhaps go no further and deduce the "science" is a sign of its divinity. However, a little research would reveal any "science" in the Quran to be already known by the ancient Greeks and other civilisations. For example, I have heard muslims say " the quran says the Earth is spherical long before modern science" yet the Greeks knew this as far back as the 3rd century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_Earth

....Are you mentally ok' date=' saxib? Do you even know what the thread is all about.

[You have to remember that in all those R & D laboratories in the west and East they are people of all faiths or no faith who bring about the good things in life...but I don't understand how your argument has got to do with whether God exists or not?']

@Mario..... re read the whole thread & where you start with me(infact I was talking general,nothing toward you), and faith or no faith this is western technology,education & civilization.As you'r in western country taking advantage of their science...it doesn't necessarily mean it came thru your own if you invent something today.It's western education that gave you the mind to do it.Where these pakistani atomic designers get their education & spare parts?

Mario B;848308 wrote:
Are you mentally ok, saxib? Do you even know what the thread is all about.

You have to remember that in all those R & D laboratories in the west and East they are people of all faiths or no faith who bring about the good things in life...but I don't understand how your argument has got to do with whether God exists or not?

No one is denying that people of faith have made great contributions to science, it's strange titles like Islamic science or the Catholic church claiming to have played a large role in enabling research that rubs me the wrong way. Don't confuse those who wish to keep the restrictive tentacles of religion at bay, with those who wish to restrict religion itself.

Mario B   

They are hundreds of thousands of Muslim from Indonesia, India, Malaysia, Turkey, former Soviet Union, Russia, Middle East and Africa who work in R & D laboratories in the West and in the East, they are part of the symbiotic relation in our civilization. The Arab world contributes it's sovereign wealth to fund some of these researches. Maybe when we fix our economies we will be able to spend the billions needed to bring new technology, IA. Unlike Francis Fukuyama, I don't believe in the End of History....I believe they are more sagas to be written.

Yunis   

The-freeman;848285 wrote:
I'll let you ponder the underlined part as I think you're intelligent enough to see the clear analogy (hint: guy; seclusion;desert). The bold part: I only asserted that the discovery should not be used by the religious as evidence that their god/s exists.I asserted this because often scientific findings are used by religious people as evidence their claims are true when in fact it is the opposite. If religious texts provide all the important answers about nature, what is the point of experimenting and coming up with testable theories? We should have known about evolution as soon as Jesus said " I'm the son of god".

PS: being wheelchair bound or being crippled does not mean you lose the ability to be a rational human being. His body might be broken but his mind is free, free to think.

Also watch The Life Of Brian, might help you answer the underlined part.

peace.

aside from the petty tactics in presenting an argument, you are back to reinforcing your initial preconceived views.

I didn’t expect superior persuasive arguments as to why the opposite is true. You accuse the believers of using science to justify as prove of their creator. And, yet, you claim the opposite is true and you are not able / willing to share this ‘superior’ rational insight that you’re privy to.

You’re attempting to preemptively nullify believers for promoting science as testimony for the existence of a creator. Whilst, without explanation you state science proves the opposite. In this context, I suppose, you can now rationalize the origins of the big-bang dates back to scientific methods and experimentations and not a natural selection as your fellow militant atheist claim.

Mario B   

Blackflash;848312 wrote:
No one is denying that people of faith have made great contributions to science, it's strange titles like Islamic science or the Catholic church claiming to have played a large role in enabling research that rubs me the wrong way. Don't confuse those who wish to keep the restrictive tentacles of religion at bay, with those who wish to restrict religion itself.

I think what they mean by Islamic sciences is, Tafsir [exegesis] of Quran, Hadith, Islamic Jurisprudence [figh], Tasawuff [science of Ihsan or spirituality], Arabic grammar and lexicography, Muslim philosophy, kalam [theology] etc, etc....

Yunis;848318 wrote:
aside from the petty tactics in presenting an argument, you are back to reinforcing your initial preconceived views.

I didn’t expect superior persuasive arguments as to why the opposite is true. You accuse the believers of using science to justify as prove of their creator. And, yet, you claim the opposite is true and you are not able / willing to share this ‘superior’ rational insight that you’re privy to.

You’re attempting to preemptively nullify believers for promoting science as testimony for the existence of a creator. Whilst, without explanation you state science proves the opposite. In this context, I suppose, you can now rationalize the origins of the big-bang dates back to scientific methods and experimentations and not a natural selection as your fellow militant atheist claim.

It is not unusual for religious people to claim new scientific discoveries support their scriptures. All I'm saying is religion should not plagiarize science. Stick to your world view of 'mountains hold up the earth; Man was created from clay and (my favourite) the dead will rise'