Sign in to follow this  
ugaas Ali

The God particle no longer a theory

Mario B   

Yunis;848235 wrote:
@Mario,

You expect allot from atheist - Their rational...

The-freeman goes on about rational thinking, the idea man is rational is a dubious one. The Muslim were right, they called man the speaking animal...

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this

- Bertrand Russell

I've always wondered if one could be an immunologists and Muslim at the same time, how are we going tackle issues like cholera in Somalia if so many refuse to acknowledge natural selection and evolution?

Mario B;848248 wrote:
^Wow, what an ignorant statement. you cannot be serious!!!

I'm dead serious, could you imagine the ramifications of someone lacking a basic understanding of evolutionary biology working on vaccines and handling dangerous pathogens?

Mario B   

Blackflash;848254 wrote:
I'm dead serious, could you imagine the ramifications of someone lacking a basic understanding of evolutionary biology working on vaccines and handling dangerous pathogens?

This is a joke, isn't it?

Mario B   

Blackflash;848254 wrote:

Why would someone with lack of knowledge, Muslim or non Muslim, handle dangerous pathogens? Biology is a branch of science that Muslim were pioneers, we might disagree with your Darwinian spin but lets assured that medicine is a highly thought of subjects in Islam and it falls under Ciliim Kifaya. According to Muslim traditions, God has created cure for every disease and it's our job to find it.

Mario B;848263 wrote:
Why, would someone with lack of knowledge Muslim or non Muslim handle dangerous pathogens? Biology is a branch of science that Muslim were pioneers, we might disagree with your Darwinian spin but lets assured that medicine is a highly thought of subjects in Islam and it falls under Ciliim Kifaya. According to Muslim traditions, God has created cure for every disease and it's our job to find it.

By knowledge I'm referring to the well known fact that living things (heck anything really) mutates over time and advantageous traits will make them more contagious or deadly in the case of viruses. The knowledge of evolution is what keeps us from chucking vials of polio around just because we have a vaccine.

I'm confused about the second part of your post, do you mean that god has created the cures in a "natural" form (i.e herbs, honey etc.) or that god has created all of the particles in the universe and it's our job to discover the different combination of molecules that ultimately lead to cures?

Mario B   

BF, viruses and bacteria behave the same, whether they are in a Muslim lab and a non-Muslim lab. Any genetic adaptability or mutation is a fact in a living things, a trained Muslim micro-biologist wont dispute that, what they would reject your Darwinian spin for origin of species.

I'm confused about the second part of your post, do you mean that god has created the cures in a "natural" form (i.e herbs, honey etc.) or that god has created all of the particles in the universe and it's our job to discover the different combination of molecules that ultimately lead to cures?

Pretty much both, natural herbs or extraction from plants for medicinal properties through chemistry.

Yunis;848241 wrote:
More pranks huh?
Whats with equating Scientology founded by guy on seclusion in California desert in the mid 80’s and his Xenu
with the asked question at hand of ‘explaining’ the clear prove of godless world due to finding of a small atom.

I'll let you ponder the underlined part as I think you're intelligent enough to see the clear analogy (hint: guy; seclusion;desert). The bold part: I only asserted that the discovery should not be used by the religious as evidence that their god/s exists.I asserted this because often scientific findings are used by religious people as evidence their claims are true when in fact it is the opposite. If religious texts provide all the important answers about nature, what is the point of experimenting and coming up with testable theories? We should have known about evolution as soon as Jesus said " I'm the son of god".

PS: being wheelchair bound or being crippled does not mean you lose the ability to be a rational human being. His body might be broken but his mind is free, free to think.

Also watch The Life Of Brian, might help you answer the underlined part.

peace.

burahadeer;848284 wrote:
spaceship was created with muslim formula,huh.

In defence of Islam:D

Muslims often claim that they advanced early science; this is true but they often leave out the fact that they were building on the works of the ancient Greeks, Romans,Persian and Byzantine Empire. This is not to devalue the works of early Muslim scientists, they did what any good scientist would do: expand and test theories of others. Muslims should study history beyond the 7th century.

^^ I think it's this tendency to defend Islam at any cost & with all kind pseudos againest an unknown,obsecure enemy about to destroy...kind I would say inferiority complex perpetuated by things they don't have answers for.All of a sudden they turn into hurling curses to kill the debate.

Mario B   

burahadeer;848284 wrote:
spaceship was created with muslim formula,huh.

In defence of Islam:D

Stop trolling.