Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

What kind of Muslim Are You? How Would You Define Your Islamic Faith?

hey,

i'm conducting a small research on different types of Muslims based on behavioral conduct. I'm interested in discovering the role behaviour, mannerism and overall conduct affects social relations in an Islamic context. what are the charactisitics of a 'good' muslim as percieved by his/her peers,family and society.

how can we promote good moral virtue and a more compassionate form of islam without distorting the essence and core of islam.

how can we give those bearded-islamo-fascist-thugs-akhis who measure their iman by the length of their beards or those sultry sistas who engage in forbidden acts a good moral grounding and ethical behaviour.

if you could please provide a short description of your behaviour as a muslim that would be appreciated very much.

cheers,

al.

wiil   

Thank you for your questions, which is of the utmost importance,

I won't say I'm a good muslim, but As Muslims, we have to work hard to make our

lives similar to the life of our beloved Prophet, and I am practicing Islam

I do Respect all the religions,

May ALLAH show us the right path..

Wadani   

Alpha, i agree with u that there many who have reduced Islam to dress codes and outward presentations of piety, and who at the same time act as moral police by chastising and looking down upon fellow Muslims who do not fit into their mold of what a real Muslim should look and act like. I know many of these types, and have found many of them to be individuals who are spiritually bankrupt and have flawed characters.

In my opinion the true essence of Islam is found in true love and dedication to Allah, the kind that will nourish ones heart and elevate one to a higher state of being. Such a person will be a devout worshipper of God, and magnanimous, unjudging, and compassionate to fellow Muslims and human beings.

Wadani   

I wouldnt want people to misunderstand my above post, ofcourse things like hijab are important but i think the definition of religious just needs more breadth.

ElPunto   

LOL @ Alpha starting this. Not gonna answer until you tell what sorta of Muslim you are though I have a pretty good guess :D

The atheist kind, I would define my Islamic faith is being minimal. I still hold some socially conservative views that my Islamic upbringing has instilled in me.

@Wyre, I'll post wherever I choose to.

If y'all could provide further feeback to my questions that would be greatly appreciated. don't worry this is only for my own research purposes and i promise i'm not sharing it with any third party with a vested interest lol.

ElPunto;847907 wrote:
LOL @ Alpha starting this. Not gonna answer until you tell what sorta of Muslim you are though I have a pretty good guess
:D

lol@el punto,

the sorta that is between a rock and a hard place lol. only kidding mate. a salafi. yes, i'm a salafi. that is the closest methodology that is imbued with my deep piety and social compassion-'ism' .

Alpha Blondy;847722 wrote:
hey,

i'm conducting a small research

how can we give those bearded-islamo-fascist-thugs-akhis who measure their iman by the length of their beards or those sultry sistas who engage in forbidden acts a good moral grounding and ethical behaviour.

cheers,

al.

the research part, tempts one to comment, but the latter part, discourages any healthy sharing of information, because the said researcher lacks one of the main principles of the research process. how would one research on an a question, he/she has deeply held views? his/her stand will influence the research question. the best conclusion such a research will come up with, is a biased,unfair results.

this is more of a debate than a research.