Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Ngonge an expert, Norf a dabbler, Abtigiis confirms

Abtigiis   

Let us give it to the man. Ngonge‘s analysis of the Euro2012 has been ace. He rightly took Italy as serious contenders when some of us thought their form against Spain would desert them; He agreed with me on the quality of Portugal, who nearly won against the Spanish. He also agreed that Germany was not as strong as it appeared in the first few games. Anyone who knows the defensive vulnerabilities of Badstubar and Boateng could have seen that! And, the poor finishing of Mario Gomez to boot. Gomez’s conversion rate is very poor, but he still scored goals only because he gets too many clear-cut chances. Arguably, if Germany would have played the 11 that played against Greece, there could have been a different outcome.

SOL is a democratic forum where anyone, even certifiable fools and knaves, can freely express their opinions. So it is fine if Norf is allowed to comment on football as well. If at all, he adds some flavor to the discussion with his bad and harebrained commentary. Yes, we all do not get our predictions right, and that is the rule in the game of football, but anyone who could imagine England winning anything (just because of media hype) is an out and out dabbler.

On the final, I think Italy will play well but I fear the Spanish might be too much for them. I do not expect a repeat of their first game. Clearly, Spain thought Italy will defend for their lives in the first game and was surprised to find Italy attacking. On Sunday, Spain can win if they play Pedro and Navas. The Italian defense can be breached with quick one-twos. I want Italy to win, if only because that will validate that positive football is the way forward, but I cannot bet against Spain. They looked solid against a magnificent Portugal.

AYOUB   

Old man NG done well even if Azzuri fail to lift the trophy. He erased his dismal EPL display. You Mr A&T on the other hand...

NGONGE   

Abtigiis;846532 wrote:
In truth, waan u xil qarinaye, ngonge was saying England will do wonders, but that is because he lives there!!

Err..I did say England will be boring because of Hodgson's choice of system. I also did say that they'll beat both Sweden and Ukraine (which they did) and was telling you that they'll never beat Italy. Are you mistaking me with Norf, warya?

As if I'd ever say an England managed by Hodgson would do wonders. Bax warya! :D

N.O.R.F   

Ah, the complaints of little Muuse after walking to the shop and back on hot tarmac with no shoes on only to be told he forgot the milk! :D

My prediction was:

England to finish top of group D and avoid Spain. England to lose in the semis to Holland after beating Italy or ROI in the qtrs. France to go out in the qtrs to Spain who will beat Germany in the Semis. Holland vs Spain final. Ala Roja

What happened:

England won their group. France lost to Spain in the qtrs. Spain beat 2nd placed team in Group B in the semi. Germany lose in the semi and Spain won it.

Unlike some of the lesser footballing minds I didn't need to change it as the tournament went on :D

2 much testosterone here!! u pple r still watching soccer...why? yall got that much time to waste!! Its time to get a life homies!! Move on...& do something good for humanity and your country. Time to spend lil energy watching xaliimos!! ...they got some good shyte.

NGONGE   

As much as the Italians tried to compete it was never going to happen against such an inspired Spanish team. It was a good game until Mota got injured.

p.s.

Loving the way Norf is emptying his pockets there and trying to "show us the money" :D :D :D

NGONGE   

^^ Because Spain did not play as well as they did last night. Italy were more convincing (up to last night).

N.O.R.F   

^What you and many others didn't realise was that Spain only did what they needed to do to get to the final. They didn't over excert themselves and saved the best for last. They were playing in 2nd gear all the way to the final (3rd gear in the semi). It was a good game until the 2nd goal.

ps I have Kuwaiti Dinars, A&T has Somali Shillings and you, to your credit, came with Sterling :D