Sign in to follow this  
Pacifist

Deen Intensive summer program

Pacifist   

Mashallah this is great program to better understand our deen. Inshallah i will save up to go to it.

The Rihla Program

Dar al-Islam -Abiqui, New Mexico

July 24 - August 20, 2004

www.deen-intensive.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rihla Program is a near month long annual course that takes place over the summer season. It is designed for students to gain exposure to traditional Islamic education in an environment that connects them to the vast beauty and wonder of nature. Along with traditional subjects(aqidah/creed, fiqh/jurisprudence, ihsan/self-purification, seerah/Prophetic biography, hadith/Prophetic reports, tajwid/Qur'anic recitation) students discuss key contemporary issues of our time.

Surrounded by majestic mountains thousands of feet above sea level, fresh air, warm days and cool nights, students designed by the remarkable architect Hasan Fathy. Sisters will be housed in comfortable dorms inside the madrassa while brothers will reside in three large yurts outifitted with bunk beds and private closet space. Students will be provided with three daily meals prepared by a Muslim chef using the most wholesome ingredients and organic meat slaughtered by a local Muslim butcher.

TEACHERS

Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

Imam Zaid Shakir

Shaykh Jamal Zahabi

Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad

Sidi Walead Mossad

Shaykh Abdallah al-Kadi (tentative)

Sidi Jihad Brown (tentative)

Sidi Abdal Karim Yahya (tentative)

TOPICS

Fiqh - Islamic Jurisprudence

Ihsan - Spiritual Excellence

Sira - Prophetic Biography

Aqidah - Islamic Creed

Tajwid - The art of Qur'anic Recitation

Hadith - Prophetic Narrations

Tafsir - Qur'anic Exegesis

LIMITED CAPACITY - Apply Now!

www.deen-intensive.com

Oh Subxanallah.....believe it or not, I've been day-dreaming about Rihla past few weeks.....actually for years! Insha Allah I hope to go next year the earliest. Also, ALIM program 2004 is available for registration (should create a threat about it)...so its hard 2 pick which one I want first!

Few yrs back, I actually attended a 6 day, winter deen-intensive retreat in Toronto....Walaahi you'll never come out the same. I was so uplifted it's hard to explain it in words. I highly encourage for the nomads to attend one of them!

Wa'Salaaam.