Sign in to follow this  

Anybody in Turkey (Istanbul)?

Carafaat   

Abwaan;845253 wrote:
You are right Carafaat, Turkish Hamaam is great!

Indeed. there is a Turkish Xamaam here in holland. Thinking I should go there one of these days.

Maybe I should bring adeero Xaaji Xunjuf. what do you say Xaaji? :D

14aug_well_klein.jpg

@Abwaan: Marne waad iga cabsiinee marne waxaa i dhahee waa safe :D

@wire: Keep this thread in mind in September iA, I will have updated my own experiences by then iA.

@Carafaat: Thanks for the tip on Turkish Hamaam, though from brief googling it doesn't look very female-appropriate indeed.

@Narniah: Thank you for your reply! I absolutely loved reading it. I could feel your excitement and love for the place :) I even made my sister read it! You managed to give a thorough description in such a - relatively -short reply :)

I can honestly say that I know absolutely nothing about modern day Turkey. It's never been a country I've been dying to visit, but I'm really glad I started this thread here, as reading your experiences is making me more & more excited.

Though I'm really curious: how is it possible that Abwaan saw a lot of Somalis whilst Narniah met none? I'd love to meet Somalis in Istanbul. Escpecially tourist or expat Somalis! :)

Abwaan   

5;845322 wrote:
@
Abwaan
: Marne waad iga cabsiinee marne waxaa i dhahee waa safe
:D

Though I'm really curious: how is it possible that Abwaan saw a lot of Somalis whilst Narniah met none?!
:)

Lol...I have to be honest to you in order to for you to stay safe, plus there has been few incidents that took place some time

I think I exxagerated when I said a lot....the way I meant was...Back in 2005 Somali waan ku arkay intii aan joogey. I stayed in Aksaray and most of the Somalis I saw lived over there.....There should be even more Somalis now since Erdogans visit to Somalia, the recent Turkish involvemnent on Somali issues and since we have weekly flighhts to from Istanbul to Muqdisho!

I only Saw one guy from Denmark, another Somali who was a tourist. Soomaalida tahriibka xitaa kamerooyinkooda ayay dafaan oo masawirkooda isla dhacaan.....I know Carafaat inuu farxayo when I say gabdho Soomaaliyeed ayaan kula kulmay oo magaaladooda u daawasho tegey muddada ay transit ku ahaayeen.