Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

Iphone 4 4s Unlocking issue

Anyone had any successes with it so far...just wonder. You know when u unlock them, then u can use them for any phone service that u like.Holla...if u got any cracks for it. l8tr.

p.s: Jailbreaking is easy...but unlock them for any service is the pain.

Blue, you can install apps that apple didn't approve, basically you will be able to install some good free apps on you iphone that will not be available in Itunes .

Rudy,

Unlocking Iphones 3 was easy , there was these developers called DEV-TEAM who used write small programs to unlock iphones but since iphone 4 came out it become very difficult as Apple tighten up their Firmware. Since than a Chines company tried to fill the gap and created small chip that u insert with the Simcard which allows you to use any lines but the downside is when u switch the phone off or runout battery you will have to struggle to activate again.

Macallinka;847669 wrote:
Blue, you can install apps that apple didn't approve, basically you will be able to install some good free apps on you iphone that will not be available in Itunes.

I have a monthly plan on Iphone 4s, is it wise to jailbreak it or not. Give me an example of the free apps that are available on a jailbroken version. I'm a virgin when it comes to the Iphone there are some things that I need to figure out yet.

Bluelicious;848582 wrote:
I have a monthly plan on Iphone 4s, is it wise to jailbreak it or not. Give me an example of the free apps that are available on a jailbroken version. I'm a virgin when it comes to the Iphone there are some things that I need to figure out yet.

Sorry Blue,

There are so many apps that can't be find in Appstore for whatever reasons, some don't have the distribution money(money given to Apple) others broke one or two Apple rules so in order for you to get these apps you will need to jailbreak your iPhone.

I hope that helps sister

Macallinka;849875 wrote:
Sorry Blue,

There are so many apps that can't be find in Appstore for whatever reasons, some don't have the distribution money(money given to Apple) others broke one or two Apple rules so in order for you to get these apps you will need to jailbreak your iPhone.

I hope that helps sister

I've done a bit of my own research and been to the Apple Store. They told me if you jailbreak your Iphone (they can tell when it's jaibroken) or open the back side you automatically lose your warranty. I don't think it's worth it to jailbreak and lose your warranty if you're in your warranty period because you never know what could happen to your phone in the near future and you might need your warranty. The best time to jailbreak it for the ones who are interested is to do it after your warranty is over. Overall I decided not to do I wouldn't like to take risks for only free apps when I hardly use apps.

Macallinka;850022 wrote:
^ Not bad idea

Thanks for the detailed information i'm now good informed about this jailbreaking. Maybe I will try it after my warranty is over and see it for myself because I heared that you can switch back to how your phone was at first if you decide to not want jailbreaking anymore. But for now it's a no.