Sign in to follow this  
Jamster

Why Read the Qur'an

Jamster   

Why do we read Quran, even if we can't understand a single Arabic word???? This is a beautiful story.

An old American Muslim lived on a farm in the mountains of eastern Kentucky with his young grandson. Each morning Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading his Quran. His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every way he could.

One day the grandson asked, 'Grandpa! I try to read the Quran just like you but I don't understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I close the book. What good does reading the Qur'an do?'

The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied, 'Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water.'

The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to the house. The grandfather laughed and said, 'You'll have to move a little faster next time,' and sent him back to the river with the basket to try again. This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket instead.

The old man said, 'I don't want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You're just not trying hard enough,' and he went out the door to watch the boy try again.

At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got back to the house. The boy again dipped the basket into river and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty. Out of breath, he said, 'See Grandpa, it's useless!'

'So you think it is useless?' The old man said, 'Look at the basket.'

The boy looked at the basket and for the first time realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket and was now clean, inside and out.

'Son, that's what happens when you read the Qur'an. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out. That is the work of Allah in our lives.'

If you feel this email is worth reading, please forward to your contacts/friends. Prophet MUHAMMAD (PBUH & his family) says: *'The one who guides to good will be rewarded equally'*

Nur   

Faahiye bro.

JZK, good read indeed!

Why Read The Quran?

A Good Question.

From past eNuri Post, here is a partial answer:

1. Quraan is a healing and Mercy

" And we reveal (portions) of the Quraan which are a cure and mercy for the believers, (while) it does not add to but more of a loss for those who do injustice" Suurah Israa, 82

2. Quraan is Guidance and light

"Allah guides through (Quraan) those who follow his pleasure, peaceful paths, helping them scape from darkness toward light" Suurah Maaedah, 16

3. Quraan is Good News

" This Quraan does indeed guide towards the rightest (0f every issue), and breaks good news to the believers who are busy doing good deeds, that they have (indeed earned) a great reward" Israa, 9

4. Quraan is Wisdom

" And hence we recite for you some of the verses and the wise reminder" Suurah Aal Imraan, 58

5. Quraan is a counsel

" Counsel (them) with Quraan he who is fearful of my (punishment)promise" Suurah Qaaf, 45

"O people, an advice from your Lord has indeed been delivered to you (which is) healing for your consciuosness, a guidnace and mercy for the believers" Younis 57

6. Quraan is a spirit and Life

"And so forth do we have revealed to you a spirit(revelation) of our concern" Suurat Al Shuuraa, 52

Quraan and the Sunnah on:

The importance of studying Quraan

" Say, (to the unbelievers) Allah and he who has knowledge of the Book should be sufficient as a witness(s) between us" Suurah Al Raad, 43

The Prophet SAWS said, " Best among you is he who studied Quraan and (then) teaches " Reported By Bukhaari

The Importance of the Recitation of Quraan

" Those who recite the Book of Allah, who have established regular prayers, and in private or in public have spent part of the sustenance we have provided for them, these shall (rightfully) hope for a business that will never go bancrupt" suurah Faatir 29

The Prophet SAWS said " Read the Quraan, because (Quraan) will come in the day of judgement as an advocate for his companions" Reported by Muslim

The prophet SAWS also said " the(person who) has no Quran in his inner realm, is like a destroyed home" Reported by Tirmidhi

The prophet SAWS said " Whoever reads a letter of the Book of Allah, earns a Hasanah ( unit reward ), and a Hasanah will be multiplied tenfolds, I do not say ALM is a letter, rather Alif, is a letter, Laam is a letter, and Meem is a letter " Reported by Tirmidhi.

Nur

-------------------------------------------------

2008 eNuri Archives

Aslaam uu Alakum Folks

Jazakallah Khair for sharing your knowledge with us and all praises are due to Allah(swt)

The Prophet (PBUH) said: "Verily the one who recites the Qur'an beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses (because he doesn't know how to read it but is trying to), then he will have TWICE that reward."

Subxanallah, How mercifuL is our lord