Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

Nice n Easy driver updater for windows computers

Well, try this...i like this one. Also, if u ever downloaded a driver updater n they ask u for money...uninstall it ..its a fake and will kill your system.

this one is free, saves much headaches and pain. try it. it will scan your system and give u nice little interface to download the out dated drivers for your system. Bam

http://www.driveridentifier.com/

How trustworthy is that site? What are your experiences with it?

I don't trust sites that say you can download particular things for your computer or laptop for free. I rather buy it from a electronic store then online that way I know it's safe and virus free plus I got a discount card. You made a good topic alot of people are clueless about this they don't even know that drivers get outdated as time goes by and that's when all the computer problems start.

If you have Windows Vista it does all the work for you and updates all your drivers only if you have programmed the updates to be automatically in the Windows Update. I guess you have yours on manually you need to change that. That option is a lifesaver it saves you so much time and hassle.

So Rudy you basically don't need those untrustworthy free sites that could infect your computer or buy any driver update softwares. Your only wasting your time money and exposing your computer to uknown risks.

I can't really tell you what route go into your settings because the settings on my laptop is in Dutch and that's not useful to you since you need English.

Even if you have Windows Update set to automatically install important updates for your computer, it still might not be set to install all the updated drivers it finds for your hardware, since not all these are classified as important. To get all the driver updates, you'll need to turn on recommended updates. Here's how to set Windows to do this:

1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_47., clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.

2. In the left pane, click Change settings.

3. Click Install updates automatically (recommended).

4. Under Recommended updates, select the check box for Include recommended updates when downloading, installing, or notifying me about updates, and then click OK. 18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_41. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

78f9453c-b854-4ac6-a3bb-f53d3ab07ab9_16.

To make sure you get the latest drivers for your hardware, set Windows to automatically download recommended updates.

You can read all about it on here (unfold the second tab). It's easy peasy lemon squeezy. I'm such a nerd I know :P

Sweetie, Rudy wont give some fake shyte....trust me! lol.. What i am posting here is a geek site in Cali. U gonna need it one day. Also, MS only makes sw and not hw. So best drivers for your hw, r usually from the creater of the device. Also, remember MS sucks when comes to drivers...I would even suggested to disable your MS KB update option if your machine is working ok. U dont really need a kb upg for your system, if its working properly.

Only time u wanna really need to think about getting a MS update is only when they put out a full service pack. Then i say its worth it.