Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

Universal TV Debate: Constitutional Articles Puntland Rejected

Mario B   

If the Gov only controsl Mogadisho then how will the passing of a new constitution change anything?, so you are putting too much faith in a process that you even dont believe in. This is what I said to Xiin on the other thread...

The political calendar is an arbitrary deadline, even if we hold presidential elections tomorrow it wont change the fact that the new interim goverment will only be controlling Mogadishu. The fact that Afgoye which is 10 miles away hasn't been captured since we entered this calendar year gives me more concern than some constitution. As I commented earlier UK which is called the mother of democracy has got no written consitutions. The TFG can introduce bills of rights as a temporal measure while its reconstituting the state.... FFS! we dont even have a judicial and we here singing and dancing about some constitution. We need to learn to walk before we can run. Lets not be like "Somaliland"...who have been putting the cart before the horse for the past 21yrs.

It seem we agree on a lot so I dont understand your stance, I am more concerned on defeating Al shaabab, constituting the judiciary, electing a smaller parliament , creating tax authority, continuing of the rebuilding of the army and holding a new presidential election by August which is more important than some constitution. The constitution will come after August!

Mario B   

General Duke;831844 wrote:
^^^^Do tell me how you will get this constitution to the people of Hargaysa, Borama, Burco, Kismayu, Marka, Barava, Afgoye, Qoryoole, just to mention a few Cities, or do their inhabitants not count?... How will you even get a copy to your town Laascaanod?..
:D

The People of those towns will have their representative and they will carry the fear and concerns of the citizen they represent. :D

P.s I believe LA is connected! :cool:

^^^You have not added anything new adeer. The fact remains, this is an opportunity for Somalia and lets not squander it. Now if people reject this constitution outright and the transition continues who will this hurt the most? ..:D

Mario B   

General Duke;831851 wrote:
^^^You have not added anything new adeer. The fact remains, this is an opportunity for Somalia and lets not squander it. Now if people reject this constitution outright and the transition continues who will this hurt the most? ..

Nobody is rejecting the constitution, just remember it is very difficult to have a generous political space when the country is in the midst of war.

The transition will come to an end with or without the constitution come August. The new gov will still be an interim one untill the central government gets the whole of the south in it's hand. You on the other hand you should stop your doom and gloom scenario.:D

Mario B   

General Duke;831851 wrote:
^^^You have not added anything new adeer. The fact remains, this is an opportunity for Somalia and lets not squander it...

Who is stopping Somalis from making peace, the opportunity was always there and is still there...Kenya, Burundi, Ethiopia will not bring us peace.

Mario B;831855 wrote:
Nobody is rejecting the constitution, just remember it is very difficult to have a generous political space when the country is in the midst of war.

The transition will come to an end with or without the constitution come August. The new gov will still be an interim one untill the central government gets the whole of the south in it's hand. You on the other hand you should stop your doom and gloom scenario.

You are contradicting yourself adeer. You mention that we are in the midst of war, that there will be no constitution and hence a final agreement and that the transition will end, yet we will have another interim and not a proper government and yet you want me not to be gloomy?

Give us a break lad, if this fails many regions will go their own way. Thats my main fear, that it will be harder for Somali's to come together and for trust to be built... I am hopeful that the constitution will pass and we will move forward, insha Allah khair..

Mario B   

^^ Nothing will fail and no region will go it's on way, Puntland just needs to chip in, in defeating of Al shaabab and you should stop your doom and gloom, saxib! And no i wasn't contradicting myself, I'm just negating your fear mongering that isn't helping the situation. From what I can see your protestation is more about PL than anything else, apart from maybe appeasing the international community. If the IC were serious then the would be paying the money to make SNA a competent force.

^^^It seems you enjoy having dialogue with yourself. Insha Allah this constitution will pass and Somalia will have a rebirth... So far so good, nothing comes easy and the little noise will subside. As for Puntland its playing its role, its constitution gives it enough powers and direction to do its own thing if others are not ready yet..

Mario B   

General Duke;831878 wrote:
^^^It seems you enjoy having dialogue with yourself

Yeah, I like to talk to my internal chatterbox.:D while you seem to love to soothe your internal secessionist thoughts, like most Puntlanders on this forum, you got one foot in the Republic and another one outside. It becomes really difficult to take you lot serious.

Mario B   

General Duke;831888 wrote:
Rich, coming from someone who supports Ali Khalif and the Khatumo

Since when did KS declare a republic ambition? They will certainly lose my support the sec they started behaving like wanabee secessionists.:D:cool: