Sign in to follow this  
Coofle

Ma ogtahay

Coofle   

Faarax-Brawn;829890 wrote:
-In Sayidunaa Bilaal (RC) ahaa in xaggeena ka soo jeeda..

Laakin, there is no history of Somalis being slaves----so,where is the co relation?

arhoooy...

Somalis are a very unique Group of people with variety of backgrounds, For example we Have Y.IBI.R who trace their origins back the Hebrews[/i].

Historians Have postulated that there was a previous group of somalis who existed long before the currently living Somalis...Soomaalida Dabar-go'aday we can say, They based the argument on the existant of non-explained rituals and words in the Somali culture and language...For instanceTiniiqi and Tincawsle are believed to be an old idols worshiped by the Somalis (Some people still out of ignorance swear by saying "Walaahi oo Bilaahi oo Tiniiqi oo Tincawsle" )

Don't be shortsighted, The thousand years old carvings in Laas-geel stand for something, The people who lived at that time were Geel-jir and Lo'a Jir...That means Our culture have spanned a long time, Not like some people argue (Pro-Ethiopian and Pro-Arabs) that All somali History started to exist around the time of Ahmed gury ...Yacni qarnigii 13aad ugu badnaan....That doesn't make sense, not when Somali have remnant words from Ancient Languages like that of the Pharaohs!!!

Raamsade   

Tiniixi mise tiniiqi? Horaa u aqaaney in Tiiniixi iyo Tincaro ahaayeen magac Alle sida Waaq iyo madar. Waligeey ma maqlin tincawsle.

Anyways, you don't need to look far to find evidence of Somali's old ways. Take the word for pray for instance. When Somalis wanna tell someone to pray, they say Tuko which is the word for crow. The crow is the only bird in Somalia that makes the Waaq sound.

Coofle   

Raamsade;830465 wrote:
Tiniixi mise tiniiqi? Horaa u aqaaney in Tiiniixi iyo Tincaro ahaayeen magac Alle sida Waaq iyo madar. Waligeey ma maqlin tincawsle.

Anyways, you don't need to look far to find evidence of Somali's old ways. Take the word for pray for instance. When Somalis wanna tell someone to pray, they say Tuko which is the word for crow. The crow is the only bird in Somalia that makes the Waaq sound.

That Means Caabudwaaq...Waa meesha Tukaha lagu caabudi jiray....Is there many Crows in Caabudwaaq?

But I thought WAAQ means any sound produced by birds, Thus the Word Waaqla'a means meel aan waxba joogin....Jasiirad Waaqla'a ah....Or in the lyrics of Cumar dhuule...Walee Waaqlaan u baxayoo .....Yacni Waaq gaar uma aha Tukaha..

Abtigiis   

rudy-Diiriye;829213 wrote:
ma ogtahay siraadey

somaliyo idil

uma sidatid quroxdey

habla kula sinma jira

:D :D :D loooooooooool@Rudi. This one has me rolling!

Waxaad ku dartaa,

Rameel wayaa,

Rameel wayaa

Jalalaqsii wayaa,

Heelaloow, heelaoow

Raameel wayaa,

The stuff foodleey used to sing iyagoo garaacaya jerikaano iyo caagado. Coofle's things are in the same league, hilarious but confusing.

Coofle, where is the evidence for all these claims?

Haatu   

Coofle;830503 wrote:
That Means
Caabudwaaq.
..Waa meesha Tukaha lagu caabudi jiray....
Is there many Crows in Caabudwaaq?

But I thought WAAQ means any sound produced by birds, Thus the Word
Waaqla'a
means meel aan waxba joogin....
Jasiirad Waaqla'a ah
....Or in the lyrics of Cumar dhuule...
Walee Waaqlaan u baxayoo
.....Yacni Waaq gaar uma aha Tukaha..

And in NFD, there's a local clan that goes by caabudwaaq.

Raamsade;830465 wrote:

Any Somali Linguist out there? I always thought, the word for pray was "Duko" and not Tuko as in a Crow?

Anyway; Coofle, I think this is all hearsay and what not..Until i see evidence,(I dont know how you will provide the evidence that the lamb was picked from a heard of sheep in Las Somewhere)...but i still shall await your evidence :)