OdaySomali

Free Online University of SOL

Mario B;827645 wrote:
Open used to be cheap, it's costs has been inflated to render it unusable!
:(

I dunno sxb, I'm not so sure about the quality of its material either.

Online Education Database

^^ When you reach the page, scroll down as the subjects are listed on that page (alphabetical order). Its a dabase of the various courses available online. NOTE: not all are graduate level and not all are free.

Some great material on Agriculture and Economics by the looks of it :D

Some universities also offer material (videos, podcasts etc.) through I-Tunes. Stanford university for example.

If someone searches through I-Tunes and finds anythign usefull let us all know :D

I'm going to write MIT a letter of thanks. Their website is brilliant and the material is high quality stuff. Very generous of them.

ANWAR   

I have my bachelor's degree from University College in Oslo...... You will never get well paid job with Online University Degree

At least not in Norway

Raamsade   

ANWAR, I think the point of the thread has sailed over your head. This thread is about resources for self-improvement. Learning is not and should not be confined to schools, it should be life long habit. You should try to learn new things everyday, trust me you'll be better person for it. Take me for example. Today I learned that some Japanese choose their potential mates based on blood type. Fascinating stuff. Imagine asking a Xalimo for her blood type.

Safferz   

Great thread, OdaySomali. Just wanted to add EdX to this -- free courses from a consortium of schools, including MIT, Harvard, Berkeley, Caltech, and many others.