Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Read the new Somalia Constitution in English.

Marksman   

@ Carafaat. I do understand that articles etc. can be added later on to the constitution, but I just want to push on the importance of adding these things to the constitution. If now or later.

The one in 1960 was a little bit more 'complete' and clear. That's all.

The constitution of 2010 is a great start as a constitution. Giving Somalis human rights and dignified positions.

I did however not see that the human rights are based upon the Universal Declaration of Human Rights adopted by the General Assembly of the United Nations on 10 December 1948.

It did talk about 'general standards of international law and justice'. Maybe this directs to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Bescherming tegen kinderarbeid etc. stond al wel in de Somalisch grondwet van 1960. Dat kan nog wel toegevoegd worden aan die van 2012.

Carafaat   

Marksman,

Some somali's tend to be sceptical regarding those universal human rights. Fearing it might promote some non-somali and non-islamic values. I am sure those articles, you are refering to, will tend to compromise and balance between our religious and progressive values.

We don't want our beloved Muqdisho to become another liberal bastion of 'sodom' and 'gomora' like city(read Amsterdam). :D

Marksman   

If you want to delete some of those 'human rights', for instance based on freedom of sexuality it is possible.

Haha. You sound like an American Republican.

NGONGE   

Xaaji Xunjuf;823836 wrote:
A person who has been married to a citizen for a period of at least five years is entitled to apply for citzenship by naturalization

2 A child who is not a citizen but is adopted by a citizen is entitled to be a naturalized as a citizen the adopting parent may apply on behalf of the child or the child after attaining age 18 may apply personally for naturazlaiton as a citizen

3 a person who has been a lawful resident in Somalia for a continuous period of at least five years and who satifsifes the conditions prescribed by parliament is entitled to apply for citizenship by naturalization

The requirement of five years marriage of residency that must be satisfied before a person is entitled to naturalize as a citizen shal be equally regarded as having been satisfied irrespective.

What passport do you and MMA hold? The lack of self awareness is cringeworthy, Xaaji. :D

^You are right, although I feel somewhat reluctant to give that away, when I see where I live, the education I had and the passport I use, its so ironic. True.