Sign in to follow this  
Herer

Zakat-UL-Fidr

Herer   

The eid is coming. Every Muslim must pay Zakat-UL-Fidr to the poor and needy for making their eid joyfull.

I heard the rate of Zakat-UL-fidr is 2.25 kg per person.

Plz Correct me if I am wrong.

Malika   

^Yeah,about £3.00,its better to give it before Eid,rather then on Eid morning,by the time it reaches the needy it might be to late.Especially here in the west,I mean is there a person you could give £10 to and be grateful,but that £10 could feed a whole family in some parts of the world.

Fabregas   

Yeah but you shouldn't send the money to your relatives in Somalia as many people do. The purpose is that the money can be used so food can be brought for people who have nothing on that day................. .

Fabregas   

^^ The Sheikh at the masjid was saying that the purpose is to feed those who have nothing to eat on Eid day. All these mosques and charities send the money and then food is brought with it so the maskiin are fed. In other words, your actual zakatul fitr should be given to those people, and not send dollars to relatives who have enough to eat. Sending money as charity to relatives is a personal choice of course.

eid mubarak