Sign in to follow this  
MrKayse

Celebrating Valentine’s Day

Great article.

Personal highlights:

"Imitation causes defects in the Muslim personality, such as feelings of inadequacy, inferiority, weakness and defeatism, then it leads to shunning and keeping away from the path and laws of Allaah. Experience has shown that admiration for the kuffaar and imitation of them causes people to love them, have complete faith in them and take them as friends and helpers, and to reject Islam and its people, its heroes, its legacy and values, and become ignorant of all of that."

"So how can we believe that Valentine’s Day is of any benefit to married couples? The truth is that it is a call for more permissiveness and immorality, and the forming of forbidden relationships."

In my opinion, I don't see any non-Muslims practicing OUR values and celebrating OUR holidays, so why should we? We live in the West and are therein part and parcel of their religio-cultural values and ethics. But that does NOT mean we have to celebrate their holidays or act in the same manner as they do. However, that's part of human nature. During the Islamic empire of the past, Christians and Jews and Zoroastrians who lived within the Islamic realm were known to have celebrated Islamic holidays and dress in an Islamic attire while not necessarily believing in Islam as a religion. They 'adopted' bits and pieces of the Islamic culture. As contemporary Muslims in the West, we also tend to 'adopt' certain tendencies of the Western/Judeo-Christian culture we currently inhabit. The article is merely saying be proud of your religion and culture, i.e. Islam(ic).

Thanks for the post, bro!