Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Why are sri lanka people not considered black

Why are sri lanke people not considered black its strange to my knowledge i was in the metro this morning and there was this Black Sri lanka guy sitting in front of me i asked him if he could pass me the newspaper he could tell that i was from East Africa we started talking. i knew he was Indian or from one of those countries.But i asked him where he originated from he said sri lanka i asked him are you black, he said no not at all than he asked me do you consider you're self black i said it depends on my mood. I told him my people consider themselves most of the time dark white people. He said he is Asian and that he is from Asia and not black he also said he is not from Africa nor are his ancestors from Africa he said black people are from Africa and his people are from Asia.

same way lot blacks don't consider somalis black.Actually it's my pass time reading such articles & is all ova the place more than you can think of.

Have you read about somalid race...quite interesting.

He is correct. He is not black, Because there is no race called black?

if i remember the lecture given to me by mr Mugambi aka qaaqow aka ali uraaye, my G.H.C teacher, there are three main races namely:

1.Caucasian races (cadaans + Semites)

2.The Mongoloids(Asian iyo waxaas oo dhan)

3. The Negroid(asxaabul jareer).

Same reason some Somalis, Ethiopians, and Eritreans don't consider themselves black. To them, just because their skin color is black, doesn't necessarily mean they are black. But they claim black when it could get 'em something tho. :)

Nin-Yaaban;813857 wrote:
Same reason some Somalis, Ethiopians, and Eritreans don't consider themselves black. To them, just because their skin color is black, doesn't necessarily mean they are black. But they are black when it could get 'em something.
:)

But why would a Somali and Habashi person not consider himself Somali????

Just glance at only one page:

Are Ethiopians, Somalis, and Eritreans black? (universities, vs ...

www.city-data.com › City-Data Forum › World Forums › WorldAug 10, 2011 – I don't even think if these people are black because as a black ... to go find blacks to hang with, I would automatically pick Ethiopians, Somalis,

Are Ethiopians, Somalis, and Eritreans black? - Page 2 - City ...‎ - Aug 11, 2011

Wondering about the Somali community (Minneapolis, Richfield ...‎ - Jun 25, 2010

African Americans vs Africans (Somali, leader, education, versus ...‎ - Oct 28, 2008

The Somali story (Minneapolis, St. Paul, Madison: loans ...‎ - Jun 2, 2008

More results from city-data.com »

Are Somalis black people? - Yahoo! Answers

answers.yahoo.com › ... › Society & Culture › Holidays › Ramadan

11 answers - Sep 24, 2009

Top answer: I'm not sure why it's really important. I had a super hot somali guy in one of my classes. lol

Somalis are their own race?‎ - Mar 24, 2012

Are Somali & Ethiopians examples of "black but exotic" people If ...‎ - Jan 20, 2012

Why do black people always trying to claim egyptians and ...‎ - Jan 14, 2011

Why do Ethiopians/Somalis have narrow noses, but Black people ...‎ - Jan 12, 2010

More results from answers.yahoo.com »

Black People : - Are Somali Women Africa's Most Beautiful? | Black ...

destee.com › ... › Black People Open Forum

100+ posts - 6 authors - Jul 15, 2010

I have been to at least one african country, Uganda, and all I can say is wow!

Somali people :Who really are they ? - YouTube

► 5:24► 5:24

Jul 27, 2010 - 5 min - Uploaded by keysi07

Please read here for more info about somali people .... A Somali guy debates a Black Israeliteby ...

More videos for are somalis black people »

What race are Somalis? - Topix

www.topix.com/forum/afam/T670JCS5NTJ0SJCJ5

20 posts - 5 authors - Aug 20, 2007

Cushitic people are found largely in the Somalia, Ethiopia, and Eritrea, which are the ..... Somali people are black Africans plan and simple.

Somalis are normal BLACK african people‎ - Feb 12, 2012

wtf:D all these african-american on somali forum‎ - Feb 6, 2012

We are not Black just East African Somali Muslims simple‎ - Jan 4, 2012

Are Somalians or Ethiopians black?‎ - Jun 19, 2008

More results from topix.com »

[PDF]

Somali-African American conflict in Linden: Postcolonial Realities ...

https://kb.osu.edu/dspace/bitstream/handle/1811/.../rileythesis.pdf?...1File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View

by CP Riley - 2005 - Cited by 1 - Related articles

mounting between low-income African American residents and Somali ... African American and Somali communities were homogenous and cohesive and that ...

Are Somalis Black

burahadeer;813853 wrote:
same way lot blacks don't consider somalis black.Actually it's my pass time reading such articles & is all ova the place more than you can think of.

Have you read about somalid race...quite interesting.

Yeah i have heard about that i saw some articles about that interesting it had something to do with the Genetic make up of the Horn of Africans

Faarax-Brawn;813859 wrote:
But why would a Somali and Habashi person not consider himself Somali????

Ethiopians/Habashis are way worse than us when it comes to racism. I use to think Somalis were bad, but boy was i wrong until i lived in the DC metro area for a while. Most of them are open about their dislike for other Africans, and African Americans. I also met few Somalis that didn't think they were black. Even if they looked dark AF. U just couldn't convince them they were black.

When people talk about race, they tend to regurgitate the 19th century and early 20th century racist colonial classifications of humanity. More than anything, race classifications are for political purpose not legitimate attempt to study people and their origins.

^^ we r black but the problem is also otha africans/blacks who don't see us that way..not all but good chunk, it actually thm remind us often.

Genetics is whole different issue.

Polanyi   

If you are nin madow on pay as you electric key and the electricity turns off, you can't see you wife or your kids, damn.

Che Oday anu Ilmaadeer nahay baan beri uga sheekeyey Kushatic semetic Omotic iyo Hamitic markanu cabaar sheekeysaneye ayuu yidhi kuwaan aad sheekeneysiid xili may noolaayeen Bu Yidhi kuwee baa Kenyatiga ku abtirsada iyo Congoleska inagu kee baynu nahay, akhirki markanu isku daalnay bu igu yidhi war iga la tag waxan, Kushetic iyo omotic Quraanka kuma yaalaan, Father cheese baad ka so maqashay eh.

Nin-Yaaban;813863 wrote:
Ethiopians/Habashis are way worse than us when it comes to racism. I use to think Somalis were bad, but boy was i wrong until i lived in the DC metro area for a while. Most of them are open about their dislike for other Africans, and African Americans. I also met few Somalis that didn't think they were black. Even if they looked dark AF. U just couldn't convince them they were black.

Ethiopians Habeshas are racists i know that for sure they cant stand Black or other Africans

Nin-Yaaban;813863 wrote:

Reminds me of Somalis who, say, "Somaali miyaa mise waa African" LMA0!