Sign in to follow this  
Garnaqsi

Somalis in One Night (BBC Drama)

Garnaqsi   

What did you think of the portrayal of Somalis in this new drama (if you have seen it)?

I couldn't stop laughing when the Somali guy puts on this song...

... and gets pissed when the girl doesn't say that she likes it. :D

Two episodes aired so far and the rest will be aired in this week and the next I think. You can catch-up on iplayer if it's your sort of thing. Probably there won't be much focus on Somali characters in the series, even though there were many in the background, but it's really good in its own way. (I watched 1st episode purely out of curiosity & Somalis came to the picture by surprise in the 2nd).

Blessed   

Was initially annoyed with the constant mention of the 'Somali gangs' but saw the reason for that later on. Decent show! LOL.

NGONGE   

^^ Ayaayo, mala qabsatay ingreeska or do you still look for a tima jilic everytime you drop your spoon? :P

Blessed   

^One Night.

NGONGE;810973 wrote:
^^ Ayaayo, mala qabsatay ingreeska or do you still look for a tima jilic everytime you drop your spoon?
:P

Ng,

LOL. I do find these self-service checkouts a bit challenging, I mean asking me to pack my own bag. The nerve!

I'm constantly moaning and comaplining about how expensive, dirty, stressful etc, etc this place is, so I guess waan la qabsaday. It's like I've never left. :)

Garnaqsi   

Blessed, yes that was mentioned many times. The remaining episodes will hopefully be as good.

Somalia;810975 wrote:
What's the drama called, I searched your title and I can't find anything.

Presumably because you searched 'Somalis in One Night' rather than just 'One Night'. :P

If that's the case, then sorry about the confusion. Here is a direct link to it on BBC iplayer.

BOB   

I'll watch when I get home Insha Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Somalia   

Ok watched it. Looks promising, the visuals and sound are quite good. It's what I have come to expect from BBC, thanks for telling us.

There was another series that included Somalis. I think it was around 2008. The Somali gang was called Islamic Soldiers or something like that, something to do with 'Islamic..' and they burned a black guy.

This is the guy from One Night

Garnaqsi   

The remaining episodes were as good as I was hoping for (and sad). Great series.

Somalia;811076 wrote:

Woah, wasn't expecting that. He isn't going far in Britain if he's homophobic.

Also, so he does really have a gold tooth? I was pretty sure that it was fake!

These r some fup homies! He probably cant even spell the words that hes saying....Get a life Douche-bags.

What I say to these types of morons is to first get an education, job, a life and then do your hobby thing on the side. This way, u aint just a Douche-bag 4 life!!