Sign in to follow this  
Archdemos

New BBC Documentary on Indian Ocean by Simon Reeve in 2012

I watched it last night, it wasn't any interesting, the usual western reporting style, he went to Mogadishu and had only concentrated talking about piracy, Alshabaab, guns and AMISOM. He did not visit the main markets of the city, the booming business sector and semblance of peace of Mogadishu in the past few months, also never talked to the average people on the street. He was just another western reporter focusing on the negative to appease his audience.

Even when in Hargeisa he only visited the money exchange market and the IDP's camps, spending his entire airing BBC time on laughing about the money and taking a trip with the kids who claim to have never seen a sea to the 'Indian ocean', its funny how he kept repeating the Indian ocean when in fact it was the Red Sea - but I wouldn't blame him because I don't think he did it on purpose but out of ignorance.

I was looking forward to see a lot from Mogadishu, Hargeisa and all of Somalia but this was disappointing.

^ hey qandalawi, were the kids a bunch of diaspora dhaqan celis who are being rehabilitated here in somaliland. i was offered a part in the programme but refused due to a last minute conflict of interest issue.

Juxa   

^^ why did you refuse? you could at least point it out to him baduhu iney kala duwan yihiin

you know very well there is no limit to my attention seeking antics. its like my whole life is dominated by my obsession with being seen and heard at any given opportunity. in the end i sent a girl i'm friends with in my place despite knowing that men and women cannot be friends without there being some form of attraction (daily mail research). she reciprocated.

AYOUB   

Qandalawi;829633 wrote:

Even when in Hargeisa he only visited the money exchange market and the IDP's camps, spending his entire airing BBC time on laughing about the money and taking a trip with the kids who claim to have never seen a sea to the 'Indian ocean', its funny how he kept repeating the Indian ocean when in fact it was the Red Sea - but I wouldn't blame him because I don't think he did it on purpose but out of ignorance.

I was looking forward to see a lot from Mogadishu, Hargeisa and all of Somalia but this was disappointing.

Is it the Red Sea or Gulf of Aden?