Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland: UDUB conflict resolution successful

Somaliland: UDUB conflict resolution successful

Sunday, 04 March 2012 18:14

HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) - The reconciliation of top UDUB functionaries has ensued sparks of new life in the country's main opposition political party.

UDUB party leader and ex-president Hon. Dahir Rayale Kahin embraced warmly with embattled deputy Party leader Ahmed Yusuf Yassin as a gesture of burying the hatchet between them that was born by the controversial selection of Jamal Ali Hussein as party leader and presidential candidate.

The UDUB leaders buried the hatchet at Rayale's residence which was the first stop of the deputy chair on return from Britain where he was as part of official delegation to the London conference on Somalia.

Hon. Rayale, who has been out of the country, residing in France, since he handed over the reins of power to incumbent President Silanyo, seems to have been irked by his deputy's departure to London on the same day he arrived back in the country.

After meeting party leaders and members Rayale announced that Ahmed Yusuf Yasin was in London on personal issues and not a representative of UDUB in the country's official delegation to the conference.

Ahmed Yusuf who was acting party chair during the prolonged absence of Rayale was behind the selection of Jamal Ali as party leader. The Jamal selection was vehemently refuted by a segmented of senior party members fronted by Ali Waran'ade.

The resulting wrangles led to the oldest party in the country splintering into two contesting factions with the pro-Jamal led by Ahmed Yusuf and the anti-Jamal led by Waran'ade. The factions have waged continuous war until Rayale return purposely to reconcile the party.

With the buried hatchet firmly endorsed by both factions the controversy surrounding new party leader seems a foregone conclusion.

wax aan xishood laheyn weeye Udub leadership. I heard about the disparaging remarks they were conducting about my man behind closed doors. Dirty bloody politics. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

Archdemos;798798 wrote:
wax aan xishood laheyn weeye Udub leadership. I heard about the disparaging remarks they were conducting about my man behind closed doors. Dirty bloody politics. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

:cool: