Sign in to follow this  
Umm al_khair

somali salafi duruus

Yes we are Muslims, but as Muslims spilt into 73 sects how do we know we are upon the correct sect.

Well as mentioned b4 the messenger SAW said the saved one is that which my companion and I are upon.

Today we live in a time when confusion and misunderstanding of Islam is rampant among Muslims. Clarity of though, belief and action are no longer as clear as they were to the earlier noble generations. A cloud has descended upon the hearts of many as the search for the truth. Hence calling our self salafs means we are attaching our self to those generations who where clear from confusion, those generations that could never unite upon misguidance as the prophet SAW said

‘My Ummah will not unite upon misguidance’

The Muslims that attach them self to salaf, believe in Allah and his names and attributes as mentioned in his book and the suunah of the messenger SAW. They believe calling upon the dead seeking aid from them and similarly with the living in which no one besides Allah is capable of is SHIRK wit Allah.

As you all probably know some of our fellow Somalis from back home who call themselves Muslims, call upon dead sheikhs such as sheikh Madar, and they also sacrifice for other then the sake of Allah, They call themselves muslims but is this the way of the pious predecessors.

Hizb tahrirs call themselves muslims and yet they do not believe in the punishment of the graves, or the dajal. Also there are those who call them self’s Muslims and commit or agree with suicide bombing is this from the sunah of messenger SAW?

What were they called before that and who was their leader? Quote from sakina

The word "Salafiyyah" was not applied during the time of the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) and his companions – this being due to the fact that the Muslims were upon the correct Islaam and there was no need for a word such as "Salafiyyah" at that time. However, when the tribulations occurred and the sects increased and the Ummah split the Ulamaa of the Ummaah stood to distinguish those upon the truth from those upon falsehood and hence they stated "Ahl ul-Hadeeth" and "as-Salaf".

From my past experience whenever they cannot answer questions they just start attacking people calling them names and changing the subject altoghether. Quote from sakina

This is not from salafs us salih , this is due to the upbringing and nature of the individual, his characteristics and his personality, and it is not necessary a reflection of the base and foundation, the aqidah and manhaj of the Salaf, which is nothing but the truth.

The one who ascribes himself to the four well-known madhhabs, then he has ascribed himself to those who are not protected from making mistakes as individuals - even though there are from them Scholars that attain what is correct.

sahal   

Ukhti Muslimsh My question still stands! still waiting your response and it is: Do you love all MUSLIMS or you love some of them?

The one who ascribes himself to the four well-known madhhabs, then he has ascribed himself to those who are not protected from making mistakes as individuals - even though there are from them Scholars that attain what is correct.

This is laughable quote and we heard many times from this sect, unfortuanately some of them even don't know that these four IMAMS are among the SALFIS that they're claiming to be their fellowers :confused: ,

and the other strange is that (as we just seen from Ukhti muslimah and others) their evidences are always from KHALAFIS who some of them are still alive and have high posts in Saudi Arabia or other oppresive Arab governments and some of the have just passed away.

therefore my second question to them is: Who should we follow? SALAF SCHOLARS like SHAFICI, ABU HANIFA, MAALIK and AHMED BIN HANBAL or KHALAF Scholars?

BISMILAH,

i PRAY God to guide us al to the truth and right path of islam. islam is one religone depite the exsitance of many sect among the muslim umha.

I HAve read the argument of groud advocate the salafism, in fact salafism exist in many form and no one can be quite sure which one of them is salafi. the fact of the matter is that they all interpreted the holy quran and prophet's sunah according to their on agendas. the mister of education of saudi calaims to be a salafi while he is well aware the corruptions and misusing of puplic funs by his own royal family.!!! islam is not a shirt anyone can wear it when he likes and remove it when he wishes. it is a priciples and fundmentals followed and obyed by those who beilef in God. we are muslim and we love all those declare themselves MUSLIM regardless of their intentions or their names,whether shiat,ashcariyah,wahabiyah,salafiyah khalifiyah e.t.c , someone there ( i think ukhti muslim) claimed that salafis are those who are upon what the prophet and his companion were !!! I will rephrase it salafs are those who are upon what the prophet was and follow the quran.i ommited the "companion" becuse we are well aware of what happened between the sahabs. if we follow mucawiyah, that means being dictator,royalism,suppression and so on.the current culture of royalism and dictatorship in the muslim midleast countries is resulted from the interpretation of histroy of sahabs, Sahabs were human they did great things but also did alot mischieves.we need to redefine the term "SAHABS" that is for the scholars not for me. we advocate the unity of muslim wherever they are whoever they are. that is islam.

My question still stands! still waiting your response and it is: Do you love all MUSLIMS or you love some of them? quote: from sahal

I love all Muslims who believe in allah, his book, his names and attributes, his messengers, the sunnah of the phrophit SAW, in the qadar, the day of judgement. Those who take the sunnah of the phorophit seriously and do not say it is not important. Not those who believe in part of it or commit shirk with allah.

But those who believe in it as the way the sahabas believed in it,

sayfulaah-almasluul

do you believe that the phorophit SAW said the save sect are

"They are those who are upon what I and my companions are upon today".

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum...

This is a really useless "arguement" because some people even if you present them the truth, they will still not accept it because of thier desires, wa Allaahu Must'aan.

It has already been discussed about this concept of Ad'Dawtus Salafiyyaah, but people seem to just want to oppose this concept because of Hawaa (deisre)

Anyways, for further clarification on this issue, there is a book we sell at The Reign of Islaamic Daw'aah Center (T.R.O.I.D./Masjid al-Furqaan) by the title of Fundamentals of the Salafee Methodology [An Islaamic Manual for Reform] by The Muhaddith, The Allaamah, The Custodian of the Sunnah, Imaam Muhammad Nassirud-Deen al-Albaanee (d.1420H)

When I have time, I will post what this Shaykh said about Ad'Dawtus Salafiyyaah, and calling oneselve "Salafee"

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum

sahal   

When I have time, I will post what this Shaykh said about Ad'Dawtus Salafiyyaah, and calling oneselve "Salafee"

Abu Yususf Sxb. Islam is not like one and three GODS at the same time. The Christians always argue that it's difficult to understand how one GOD could be three GODS unless I/we explain you deeply and you read this or that book, then you'll understand how 1 = 3 :confused:

Brother ISLAM is a simple as A B C and needs an evidence from KITAAB & SUNNAH. It's not like philisophy that you'll not understand unless you realise that 1 = 3 , we're all Muslims we want from you an evidence from KITAAB & SUNNAH and even from SALAF SALIH themselves that you can call yourself SALAFI rather than MUSLIM, simple is that!.

we don't need complex arguments and counter- arguments.

Finally i will repeat ny second question: Who should we follow? SALAF SCHOLARS like SHAFICI, ABU HANIFA, MAALIK and AHMED BIN HANBAL or KHALAF Scholars?

With the four imams we should accept all of them and ask Allah aubhanala watala to reward them greatly.

It is incorrect thought to ascribe our self to an imam and say for example I am a hanafee or shafee ect.

Subhanala some who do this even reached a worse state such as ban in marriage between hanafee and shafiee. A well known hanafee scholar nicknamed mufti ath-thaqlee issued a fatwa allowing a hanafii to marry a shafii women because her position is like those of the book meaning that the reverse case is not allowed i.e. a hanafee women cannot marry a shafiee just as a Muslim women cannot marry a Jew or a Christian!!

One should not follow the imams blindly sticking to their madhabs or views as if these had descended from the heaven!

Allah SW says

‘Follow o men the revelation given to you from your lord, and follow not, as friend or protector other then him, little is ur remembrance of admonition.’ Al araaf, 7; 3

The imams themselves told us not to follow anything that they may say which will contradict the Sunnah.

Abu hanafee rahimahullah said

It is not permitted for any one to accept our views if they do not know from where we got it from.

Malik rahimahullah said

Truly I am only moral, therefore look into my opinions, all that agrees with the book and Sunnah accept it and all that does not agree ignore it.

Shafiee rahimahullah said

If you find in my writings, something different to the sunnah of the messenger of allah SAW, then speak on the bassis of the sunnah and leave what I have said.

Ahmed ibn hanbal rahimahullah said

Do not follow my opinion; neither follow the opinion of maalik, nor shafii, but take from where they took.

So my question to you sahal if you believe in the saying of the four imams then how can we know which one of their hadiths is saheeh (correct) and which is daeef ( weak) unless we go back to people of knowledge those who have a chain of narration back all the way the prophet. Without going back to those you call ‘KHALAF’ Scholars how can we know which hadeeth is authentic?

Sakina   

Ukhti Muslimah you quoted what the four Imams (Abu Hanafee, Malik, Shafiee and Ibn Hanbal) said whether we should blindly follow them or not. Could you please quote what the Salaf leader said about this issue and could you also name him as you did with the other four madhabs imams? Why the Salafs hardly name their imam's name and only use general reference of him?

sahal   

One should not follow the imams blindly sticking to their madhabs or views as if these had descended from the heaven!

Allah SW says

‘Follow o men the revelation given to you from your lord, and follow not, as friend or protector other then him, little is ur remembrance of admonition.’ Al araaf, 7; 3

Ukhti Muslimah, when I asked your evidence of calling yoursel as SALAFI you (and others in SOL) answered Sheikh ALBANI said so without any evidence from KITAAB & SUNNAH :rolleyes: .

Who follow Imamas blindly? YOU or those who preferd SALAF SCHOLRS from KHALAFS in some FIQH branches of islmaic rules?

You followed Sheikh Albani without any evidence from KITAAB & SUNNAH in order to create a new CULT called SALAFIS which is more dangerous than following by one sheikh in FIQH branches and yet accusing others by following IMAMAS blindly :confused:

Ukhti Muslimah you quoted what the four Imams (Abu Hanafee, Malik, Shafiee and Ibn Hanbal) said whether we should blindly follow them or not. Could you please quote what the Salaf leader said about this issue and could you also name him as you did with the other four madhabs imams? Why the Salafs hardly name their imam's name and only use general reference of him?

Sakina, first of all our madhab is not the four imams rather our madhab is the quran and suunah what the prophet SAW has left us with.

Theses four imam are upon the haq they follow the quran and sunnah according to way of the salaf, so does Shaikh Naasir ud-Din al-Albaani, Shaikh `Abdul-`Aziz Bin Baz, Shaikh Ibn Uthaimeen and others. Therefore we should follow all of these ulamas collectively with daleel (evidence) and not attach our self to a particular imam or sheikh, we shouldn’t call our selfs shaficii ar hanafii in the same way we shouldn’t say I am a wahabi or uthaimeeni ect. Rather we should be a muslim who is upon the quran and sunnah according to the salaf as salih those generations who where clear from confusion misguidance.

sahal   

we should follow all of these ulamas collectively with daleel (evidence) and not attach our self to a particular imam or sheikh,

Which daleel (evidence) did you have by followig sheikh Albaani when he said: isn't sufficient to call yourself as MUSLIM! ALLAH (S.W.T) gave us this name and didn't give us other name so tell me which daleel did you follow the Sheikh?

This is your quote if you forgot

Shaikh al-Albaani: "When it is said to you, ‘What is your madhhab’, what is your reply?"

Questioner: "A Muslim".

Shaikh al-Albaani: "This is not sufficient!".

Questioner: "Allaah has named us Muslims" and he recited the saying of Allaah Most High, "He is the one who has called you Muslims beforehand." (al-Hajj 22:78)

Waiting your respond!

Sakina   

Sakina, first of all our madhab is not the four imams rather our madhab is the quran and suunah what the prophet SAW has left us with.

Theses four imam are upon the haq they follow the quran and sunnah according to way of the salaf, so does Shaikh Naasir ud-Din al-Albaani, Shaikh `Abdul-`Aziz Bin Baz, Shaikh Ibn Uthaimeen and others. Therefore we should follow all of these ulamas collectively with daleel (evidence) and not attach our self to a particular imam or sheikh, we shouldn’t call our selfs shaficii ar hanafii in the same way we shouldn’t say I am a wahabi or uthaimeeni ect. Rather we should be a muslim who is upon the quran and sunnah according to the salaf as salih those generations who where clear from confusion misguidance.

Shaikh Naasir ud-Din al-Albaani, Shaikh `Abdul-`Aziz Bin Baz, are contemporary Salafi Sheikhs. How did they arrive to the conclusion that this new sect "Salafi" is the right one? Who was the founder of this particular madhhab? Was he a Salafi? And most of all why the FOUNDER of this madhhab is hardly named and when I ask directly to name him I still get vague answers. I am not saying that the Salafis are wrong. All I am saying is that since some Somali Sheikhs are preaching that this madhhab is the right one and somalis should follow only them then they should at least convince us why we should follow this sect and who is the founder and what makes him more knowlegeable than the prominent known Salafi Imams.