Sign in to follow this  
Qaranki

Ex-Somali PM won't contest war crime claims in US

Abwaan   

Che -Guevara;798407 wrote:
Oodweyne.how should governments deal with rebel movements that want to overthrow them?

Che I know this debate inaan meel laga gaareyn, balse ma waxaad leedahay dowlad waxaa lagu difaacaa ethnic cleansing...iyo merceneries diyaarado wata oo magaalooyin iyo shacab lagu garaaco...Why Soomaalida 90skii ethnic cleansing baa dhacay loogu doodaa iyadoo weliba aan aaminsanahay inuu dhacay oo kii dowladdii kacaanku ay geysateyna loo dhahaa dowladdu inay isdifaacdo xaq bay u leedahay...isn't that unfair? Iyo ciddeennaa cid hebla ka fadli badan!

Abwaan....I don't deny or defend what happen in Burco and Hargeysa, and I hope you are not defending what happened in 90s?

We need framework to deal with these crimes and set precedence for future Somali Government(s).

LANDER   

Oodweyne;798391 wrote:
Abwaan

finally, I really can't thank enough the likes of
Gen. Samatar
of this world. For he has made it abundantly clear, at least to the likes of me, the meaning of
"Somalinimo"
in which him and the likes of his tireless defenders around the world believe in. And, for that, I am extremely grateful for it, indeed.

Amazing to me that till this day you still see these qacan folk and Siad Barre sympathizers who shamelessly speak on behalf of genocidal criminals like this man. The Somalis and their polar opposite views war and crimes reminds me alot of my friends who hail from ex-Yugoslavia. The Serbs view men like Milosevic, Hadzich and Mladic as men who were 'nationalist' and looking out for the best interest of the country and were justified in their actions to put down so-called rebels and 'renegade' ethnic groups, some even go so far as to claim they are heros. They also often like to state 'the bosnian rebel leaders are not facing the same courts in the same numbers' While the bosnians, kosovars and others rejoice at any of these men being arrested and having to face justice and made accountable for the genocial crimes commited against their population. Nevermind that the Serbs used the state military and militias loyal to the state military to commit the most heinous crimes known to Europe since WW2. This is a military killing the very same population they are suppose to protect from outside threat. Quite similar to what criminals like Samatar did in Somaliland except our people did not have the benefit of NATO no fly zones and protection from aerial carpet bombing. The use of certain planes that required the skills of foreign mercenaries is irrelevant, this man had direct control of said bombings and should be held accountable from now till the end of times. A foreign reporter apparently testified and still had an audio of an interview with this man where she asked about the bombings and the orders given and perhaps had this not been brought to light he wouldn't have been so quick to accept judgement. I understand that some folks who were privileged children under the former regime where their fathers and uncles ransacked the public treasury for their own comfort and tend to see the 'rebel' groups as the destroyers of 'all the things that were good about Somalia'. But don't be shameless and have the decency to at least not defend the indefensible, nobody is denying the crimes of militias in the 90s within Somalia once there was no central government and it become a free for all. But this has no bearing on the actions taken by the government of Somalia at the time against a segment of Somaliland's population. Stop grasping at things that are either unrelated or do not change the criminal actions of Ali Samatar and other high ranking military and defense officials of that government. Somalinimo is a bogus idea when you really look at the views of Somali people on matters such as these. People are trying to get highest ranking members of a former governing body to be held accountable for their crimes and most of these sympathizers are likely looking at it from a tribal prism. it's a shame he isn't facing a real international criminal court and its also a shame the likes of Gen Morgan are allowed to roam freely in this world. I hope Inshallah the latest generation of Somalilanders take these criminals to task where the older generations failed to act. They're aging and time is of the essence.