Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

London: Somalia Conference, a step in the right direction towards restoring the Republic....

flagge-somalia.gif

Its been a long time coming. Those many obstacles, the world has at last recognized the biggest problem in Somalia is lack of national institutions.. Thus this world class conference on Somalia is a step in the right direction towards restoring the Republic.

The perennial under achievers and wailers are again fighting against this meeting. Some for clan reasons, others for the "faith" and most because that's all they know. They protest, they get angry, the point fingers and they blame.

The secessionists are scared, old Britian which they have placed so much faith is letting them down. They understand that a resurgent Mogadishu united with a confident and growing Puntland will be a big obstacle to their decades long project.

Somalia as a whole is at a crossroads. The population is poor and blodied, everywhere from Hargaysa to Hiiiraan, from Galgacyu to Gedo, the people are poor, unemployed and most of them don't even remember what it was to have a normal state.

We, the spoiled lot, in the comfort of the Diaspora owe it to our people to give peace a chance.

In the past I have been a critic of Sharif Ahmed and his administration. From my time in London I was suspicious and wary of the likes of Tarzan (Mayor of Mogadishu) and Yarisow (an aid to the PM, former Minister). Yet today I pray for their success and specially Tarzan, who has given it all to the people of the Capital. I pray that they succeed and that for once we have a capital functioning, orderly and its population at peace. The Somali was born free, yet every where he is harassed and placed in bondage. Today is the time to rise above our petty differences in order to achieve our goal of restoring the Republic.

Mogadishu restoration is the greatest activity that we have. Somali's from every walk of life, from every clan must contribute towards its restoration again as the beautiful Capital of all our people.

This meeting gives our people and country an opportunity to come in from the cold, to become part of the world once again.

The fact that today, the President of Nigeria, with his Goodluck, the Secretary of State of the United States and the Foreign Minister of our our great ally Turkey to name but a few are heading to a meeting exclusively about Somalia is a great start.

Lets be hopeful and lets build our nation... insha Allah Khair

The Duke

Gabbal   

While I would rather take a more pragmatic approach with regards to the consequence of this conference, I must say may God bless your statement.

Carafaat   

Duke, This meeting marks indeed a significant turning point. Siilanyo has truly stolen the show and is indeed making history for all Somali's.

Good of you to admit you were wrong on Mayor Tarzan and President Shariif. For they have truly done an amazing job after what Yeey's and Xabashi have done to the city and the people. But that is now all behind us.