Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

UKIP MEP, Godfrey Bloom has called for Britain to recognise the state of Somaliland.

CALL TO RECOGNISE SOMALILAND

Wednesday, 8th February 2012

UKIP MEP, Godfrey Bloom has called for Britain to recognise the state of Somaliland.

Speaking after the Africa Minister Henry Bellingham, dismissed the issue at the London Somalia Conference this afternoon at the Chatham House. Bloom said, "For 15 years the people of Somaliland have shown that a stable multi-party democracy can exist in the Horn of Africa. We owe them the decency of recognition for their toil.

"The country is characterised by regularly contested pluralist elections. It has a decent and trustworthy legal system. It is free trading and peaceful.

"For goodness sake," he said, "it even locks up pirates when it gets hold of them. If we believe in self determination, which this government swears it does in the case of the Falklands and Gibraltar, then why on earth do we not accept the clear and present desire of the Somaliland people for self determination?

"The Commonwealth now accepts countries with no links to the UK, yet Somaliland was a British protectorate and isn't allowed even to be an observer at the tables of the Commonwealth. It is a sick charade.

"If we are serious about helping the peoples of the Horn of Africa to develop, and live in peace with each other and the rest of the world, then maybe, just maybe our Government should have the courage an, honour and gumption to admit Somaliland into the ranks of the nations of the world."

Somalia;786795 wrote:
Lol@ukip

:D

wait how many of these characters have call for this and that and yet no result for the past 20 years. Furthermore, shouldn't he worry more about Scotland independence than a region far far way in a far far away country? Me thinks he has his priorities mixed up.

Somalia   

kingofkings;786796 wrote:
wait how many of these characters have call for this and that and yet no result for the past 20 years. Furthermore, shouldn't he worry more about Scotland independence than a region far far way in a far far away country? Me thinks he has his priorities mixed up.

The funny part is UKIP, They have no seats in the UK Parliament.

Somalia;786800 wrote:
The funny part is UKIP, They have no seats in the UK Parliament.

i see. Are they like the green party in the states? There, but not there on account that they have no seats. Interesting.

Freedom   

You complain about others trolling punt land threads but you have the $&$ to troll stuff about Somaliland lool hypocrit to fullest. I understand why he old man said something but I accepted better from you loooool. Tisk shame shame lol ;)

Freedom;786879 wrote:
You complain about others trolling punt land threads but you have the $&$ to troll stuff about Somaliland lool hypocrit to fullest. I understand why he old man said something but I accepted better from you loooool. Tisk shame shame lol
;)

read the thread and point to where i mention SL. I mention unknown UK politican, Scotland, green party, 20 years of called but not given recognition.

furthermore, if trolling is something you are against, see to it that you hold yourself to the same standards as you expect from others. One of the golden rule in life. p.s. leave somalia out of this. he like you is entitle to his opinion and if you are going to mention age, make sure that your respect those that are older than you.