Sign in to follow this  
Siciid1986

Somaliland to increase defense budget

HARGEISA — Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury Ali Hassan Mohamed revealed on Thursday that the country’s national budget has surpassed the US$90 million target which has increased by 100% since 2010. He said the majority of the budget was going towards maintaining the country’s security including protecting borders with neighboring countries, foreign government installments, fight against maritime piracy in the gulf of Aden and terrorism.

He urged that the international community to provide substantial financial support in combating piracy, terrorism and maintaining stability.

He affirmed that it was in the benefit of the international community for the key role that Somaliland plays when it comes to the stability in the region.

The secretary made the remarks while addressing audience at a symposium on Somaliland’s national budget law which was held at Hotel Guled in Hargeisa.

The symposium was attended by university students, officials from the national auditing, traders and people from all walks of life.

Mr. Ali said the budget was all tax collected from the citizens and it did not include external aid. He added that Somaliland would uphold its responsibilities in the region and would protect its borders, shipping routes in its territorial waters. He indicated that Somaliland will heavily invest in security and defense to improve the security situation to lure in foreign investors and traders to the region.

Dr_Osman   

total nonsense $90 million budget why cant it defeat locally armed security guards in buhodle neighbourhood? day-dreaming somaliland

Dr_Osman   

Have u seen somalilands soldier and their uniform and weapons LIVE? there is nothing new at all, infact its all old stuff. With a budget like that koley wax muuqan karo baan arki laha, beenta igala tag. Cant even defeat security guards in buhodle imagine puntland forces? they dont have big budget at all sxb wax maskaxda qadan karo ma aha in somaliland dacif sidas uu noqoto iyo figure sidas la sheegto.

U would be able to capture not only sool and sanaag but all of puntland and somalia with a budget like that. But when we look at somaliland soldiers and their equipment on video it doesnt look like 90 million budget

Dr_Osman;785326 wrote:
niin yaaban no its just bare facts anyone can see with their own eyes

Oh i am sorry, i thought u were on some "research" like your buddy King of Kings said. My bad sxb. :)

Dr_Osman   

no niinyaaban I dont need to research, we compare somaliland to galmudug, puntland and khaatumo pure sub-clan states. You are never compared to in any way shape or form to wider clan families. Somaliland doesnt have an active business community, it has an active diaspora but not business. ppl building houses and living on remittance are not really able to pay taxes are they? so where does that figure come from? berbera port? your lucky if one ship is there a week and its not even for somaliland businesses because their is NONE its for ethiopia. The livestock trade most of it go through Bosaso port today. Marka how can a budget like that exist when we dont see it on the ground with somaliland forces using high-tech weaponry? have u even see their so called navy? sxb its a god damn tin boat

Freedom   

Dr. Who for guy that DR in front of his name you know nothing it's comical. Everything you say is opinions from a warped clanist mind I can say this or that pirate land but it's not facts opinion not facts lol. Hate on Somaliland all you want the US EU and larger have done studies on Somaliland we I have been there I seen reality you seen it in the warped thoughts of your mind lol