Sign in to follow this  
Caano_Geel

My new camera

A semi-SLR, good choice ! I haven't checked out the camera shops in a while but 30x zoom is very good. I remember that just 1 and half years back the highest zoom on a semi-SLR with a fixed lens would have been 20x zoom (Panasonic Lumix). I will check out the camera shops and give my [qualified] opinion.

I cannot justify (to myself) spending £400 on a camera so I have not bought and likely will not buy my [ideal] camera :(:( Panasonic Lumix semi-SLR range.

DMC-L10_500.jpg

Caano_Geel;784941 wrote:

Charger IncludedNo

Battery Compatibility FittingAA

:confused: wth Charger not included ?? Surely a lithium battery is included ?

chubacka;784962 wrote:
How much did it set u back?

Iam looking for a good beginner's camera any recommendations?

When you say beginner, what level are we talking. Because I would say don't waste your time on the typical average digital camera - they are terrible (compared to Semi-SLR).

Are you thinking semi-SLR or SLR. Personally I think SLR's are too expensive to maintain. Mind you, a £1,000 on the camera, another few 100-1,000 on the lenses, if you want a decent flash that will set you back another couple hundred. It all depends on what your budget is.

I would say go for a fixed lens semi-SLR. You will get the speed close to a proper SLR, you still have the large lens. You have the option to use automatic or full manual settings. The zoom go for something like 20-30. All that for a couple hundred.

:D :D I've just been browsing some websites and semi-SLR's have really come down in price. They used to be around the £400 pound mark but have come down to £250-300 mark... I may well be making a trip to the shops.

OdaySomali;785467 wrote:
:D
:D I've just been browsing some websites and semi-SLR's have really come down in price. They used to be around the £400 pound mark but have come down to £250-300 mark... I may well be making a trip to the shops.

:D :D qiimaha ayaad ka cararaysaa waar orod oo iska soo iibso kamarad fiican.

Caano_Geel;785469 wrote:
:D
:D qiimaha ayaad ka cararaysaa waar orod oo iska soo iibso kamarad fiican.

looool I might just do that sxb. I still can't believe how much the prices have come down, I had given up but now there is hope :D

16 megapixels is very good and as is the zoom at a staggering 30, but I cant help but think there is a catch... there is always a catch, what you gain on the zoom you might loose on pixels or on the ISO and vice versa. So I take it the ISO maximum will be quite low ? Oh its Fujifilm... nuff said. Canon or Nikon, with Panasonic coming 3rd,, I wouldnt have thought FujiFilm was even in the race.

I'm sorry but Canon, Nikon and Panasonic (Leica) lenses are the best lenses. FujiFilm lost the game a long time ago. They have nnow resorted to producing and selling make-up LOL, rather than cameras. Its called fuji-film makeup :D

The specification of the camera is very good ... but I still think there is a catch (Fuji). I'll check out the link.

lenses-ka waxa laga faa'idayo ayaaba iska yar. Kamarada waxyaabahaa kale ayaa lagu doortaa, adna lenses baad meesha la timi!!

This camera wax ceeba ma laha, the photo quality is excellent the video the CMOS sensor + more.

Caano-geel, dude, ive checked out the website and the thing runs on AA batteries wth. That, the fact that it is Fuji-Film and its price (for a semi-SLR) should have been red warning signs sxb :D

Its a nice spec but I told you there is a catch, and boy was it a big one.

I will post a much better alternative. I hope you have not bought this...

Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Digital Camera, HD 1080p, 12.1MP, 35x Optical Zoom, 2.7" LCD Screen, Black

231403538?$gallery$

231403538alt4?$gallery$

231403538alt3?$gallery$

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ45 Camera, HD 720p, 14.1MP, 24x Optical Zoom, 3" LCD Screen, Black

231048966alt1?$gallery$

231048966?$product$

231048966alt2?$gallery$