Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

UNPOS Headquarters Opens In Mogadishu.PICS

Dr_Osman   

Xafiiska Siyaasada Qaramada Midoobay ee Somalia oo saakay Muqdisho laga furayo

Updated:- 5 hours ago| 0 Commnets

Mudo 21 sana ah kadib ayaa lagu wadaa maanta in Muqdisho laga furo xafiiska siyaasada Qaramada Midoobay ee Soomaaliya (UNPOS).

Qaban qaabada furitaanka xafiiska UN-ka ee Soomaaliya ayaa si weyn uga socoto madaxtooyada, iyadoo ay kasoo qeybgali doonaan madaxda dowlada, wakiilo ka kala socda beesha caalamka iyo wakiilka Qaramada Midoobay ugu qeybsan Soomaaliya.

Lama oga halka laga furi doono, laakin warar la isla dhax marayo ayaa sheegaya in laga her gelin doono gudaha madaxtooyada, halka warar kalana ay sheegayaan in xarun loogaga dhisay gudaha xerada Xalane oo ah xarunta loogaga taliyo ciidanka AMISOM.

Duqa magaalada Muqdisho, Maxamuud Axmed Nur Tarsan ayaa xaqiijiyey furitaanka xafiiska UNPOS, isaga oo ku tilmaamay guul.

Tarsan wuxuu u mahad celiyey dalaka horay Muqdisho uga furtay safaaradaha, sida Turkiga, Jabuuti, Itoobiya, Sudan iyo Yemen, isaga oo ugu baaqay dalalka kale ee saaxibada la ah Soomaaliya in ay safaaradahooda ka furtaan caasimada.

Horseed Media

Dr_Osman   

Press Releases

Somalia:UN Special Representative moves to Mogadishu - first time in 17 years

24 Jan 24, 2012 - 2:17:41 AM

United Nations Political Office for Somalia (UNPOS)

UN Special Representative moves to Mogadishu - first time in 17 years

Mogadishu, 24 January 2012(PRESS RELEASE) – The Special Representative of the Secretary-General (SRSG) for Somalia, Ambassador Augustine P. Mahiga today moved the office of the SRSG back to Mogadishu after an absence of 17 years. Ambassador Mahiga, who was welcomed at the airport by Prime Minister Abdiweli Mohamed Ali, Somali Officials and foreign diplomats, said he was delighted that the UN Political Office for Somalia (UNPOS) would now be working from the capital.

“I sincerely hope that the arrival of the UN Political Office will mark the start of renewed hope for the future of Somalia,” said Ambassador Mahiga. “Being in Mogadishu will allow us to work far more closely with the Transitional Federal Institutions, the UN agencies and NGOs already based here, civil society and ordinary Somalis. We have much to do and we are eager to get straight to work.”

The last SRSG to be based in Mogadishu, James Victor Gbeho of Ghana, who was with the UN Operations in Somalia II (UNOSOM II), left in early 1995. UNPOS was established shortly afterwards and was based in Nairobi. However UN staff remained in Somalia throughout the following years and at present six agencies have permanent staff in Mogadishu.

After the airport welcome and the raising of the UN Flag, the SRSG proceeded to Villa Somalia to be officially welcomed by President Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed. The SRSG then travelled back to AMISOM Headquarters to meet the Deputy Force Commander, inspect a Guard of Honour and pay tribute to the remarkable sacrifice of both the AU forces and Somali Security Services in advancing the cause of peace.

“Without the incredible efforts and sacrifice of the troops from Somalia and other African countries, we would not be here today,” said Ambassador Mahiga. He pledged to the Somalis that the UNPOS move to Somalia would herald the beginning of a new era of cooperation and political engagement as the transitional period draws to a close.

The SRSG will spend Wednesday at Villa Somalia for discussions with his Somali interlocutors on resolving the ongoing Parliamentary crisis and will also meet the UN Country Team.

“Now we are here working among you, I believe we will see significant progress on implementing priority tasks in the Roadmap to restore peace and stability to Somalia,” the SRSG said.

Public Information Office

UN Political Office for Somalia (Nairobi, Kenya)

Tel: +254 20 762 6898 / 6805 or +254739976888 / 733902020

Please visit: www.unpos.unmissions.org

Dr_Osman   

I really like the set up of sharif and cabinet

Sequence-38.Still0121.jpg

I hope the presidential palace being built in garowe will take a leaf out of his book

Dr_Osman   

It appears to me their trying to replicate this in garowe but its failed due to terrible interior designing

Saudi-Cabinet-meeting.jpg

Kenya-Cabinet.jpg

and sharif is trying to replicate this

?m=02&d=20111207&t=2&i=543963159&w=460&f

uchi   

Seriously if you want to spam the forum with pro Puntland material, atleast stick with it...you are flip flopping buddy. I thought you were the Puntland version of XX JB, I am disappointed.

Dr_Osman   

uchi, pro-puntland? no I post on what I consider is important which tends to be more puntland due to family reasons but I also post regarding other regions now and then. This is a historic day the UNPOS has opened up shop in mogadishu and im certain others will follow suit. You do know a number of embassies are operating in Somalia also