Sign in to follow this  
samjamaa

Why Tribes in Somalia is Taboo subject ?

samjamaa   

For me It shouldnt be a taboo, and came from family which part of them are mixed tribes.

Honestly for me it has never been a big deal what my tribe is, nor have I ever judged anyone on what their tribe is. However, I would hear stories about the history of different tribes, and I found that to be fascinating.

Even in Islam, tribes are accepted, as Allah says he made us into many nations and tribes to know each other, so we need to

definitely think the more it’s openly discuss in a way of learning from each other, not complete denial.

salaam

Interesting you say all this. stop waffling and tell 'us' what tribe you belong to. that way you'll be pigeon-holed and categorised.

remember only your father's is important.

Carafaat   

Alpha, you integrated well in Hargeisa. Salaantii waxa ka horeysa, qoloma ayaa tahay. :D

But I do agree, Samjamee should spill the beans now that she made us all curious.

samjamaa   

ok guys i am proud be issaq, It wasn't hateful, it wasn’t saying I’m better than you, it’s just a lineage, and you can say a family name that I carry.

Carafaat   

that you are member of Duriyada, we expected. As no other Somali's prag around with their clan(except for the O people). But we need to your sub-clan(which habar) and your gender, please.

samjamaa   

Carafaat;778413 wrote:
that you are member of Duriyada, we expected. As no other Somali's prag around with their clan(except for the O people). But we need to your sub-clan(which habar) and your gender, please.

you not feeling that you going out of topic