Sign in to follow this  
Cawralo

Nur, halkan soo fiiri!

Cawralo   

Salaam!

I've got the impression that you have an islamic book collection, how about shedding some nur on this issue.

It's about what age our beloved Caaesha radiyaLahu Canhu was when she married the prophet salalahu caleyhi wa salam of God. A friend of mine said that she must have been 19-20 years when she married nabi Maxamaden salaLahu caleyhi wa salam because..

1. Abdrahman, son of Abu Bakar r.a. fought at the battle of Badr. he was then 21-22 years old, since Caesha was 3-4 years younger, that would have made her atleast 17 years old.

2. According to Ibn Kathir (who?) in his work Al-Badayah, Sayeda Asma, sister of Caesha, dided 73 a.H, she was then 100 years old. Since Asma was 10 years older than her sister, that would have made Caesha 17-18 @ hijra (and Asma 28-29 years old).

3.According to Maulana Syed Sulaoman Nadvi (again, who?) in her book Seet-i-Aishah p. 153; The last days of Mouvihas caliphate (??) were the last days of Caeshas r.a. life, she dide @ 67 years old, which is 40 years after the death of Nabi Maxamad salaLahu caleyi wa salam. This means that C. was 27 when our prophet salaLahu caleyhi wa salam died. This would mean that she was born four years b4 hijra.

I dont know about the above references, maybe you have them? Or can get old of them?

Then there are hadiths that like this one

Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married her when she was six years old and consummated the marriage when she was nine years old, and she stayed with him for nine years.†(Reported by al-Bukhaari, 4738)

..that aren't coherent with this one..

Volume 1, Book 8, Number 465:

Narrated ’Aisha:

(the wife of the Prophet) I had seen my parents following Islam since I attained the age of puberty. Not a day passed but the Prophet visited us, both in the mornings and evenings. My father Abii Bakr thought of building a mosque in the courtyard of his house and he did so. He used to pray and recite the Qur’an in it. The pagan women and their children used to stand by him and look at him with surprise. Abu Bakr was a Softhearted person and could not help weeping while reciting the Quran. The chiefs of the Quraish pagans became afraid of that (i.e. that their children and women might be affected by the recitation of Quran).â€

JazzakaLahu Khairun

Nur   

Cawralo sis

Aisha RA was born 7-8 years before the Hijrah, she was married at 9 with the consent of her father Abu Bakar, when the Prophet SAWS died on her lap , she was 18, she died in her sixties to her seventies, according to the majority and most reliable sources of the Siirah. The early marriages was common in Arabia and the Orient at the time, however in our time it is normal that a woman delays marriage in her thirties, and marriages for even teeagers are not acceptable while sex education and practise is officially introduced at elementary schools in modern curriculms, kids learn all about sex (not Marriage) at the tender age of 7-12, and some jurisdictions curriculums, even add pervert sexual lifestyles as a choice for kids.

As Muslims,we dont have to defend the age gap between our Messneger SAWS and Aisha RA, we believe him in more serious matters that we have not even seen like the hereafter, hell and heaven, and resurruction, his prophethhod, his delivery of Allah's message completely and perfectly. We also take from him all of our social standards, what is right and what is wrong morally, his marriages were all lessons for setting acceptability of norms, as he married his first wife Khadija who was 15 years his senior, an older woman, he married widows with kids, he married a Christian woman , a Jewish Lady. As such, his marriages as a Prophet were serving as an example of what is acceptable and what not.

However, trying to defend the marriage of the Prophet SAWS by recalculating Aisha's age to show that she was a grown woman to satisfy our modern day acceptable norm is wrong. Islam as a faith is from Allah SWT, Muhammad is his Messenegr, his way of life is the best, and salvation in the herafter is dependent on accepting Islam as a wholesome faith as revealed from Allah SWT to his messenger Muhaammad SAWS.

Nur

i think the shocking part is the number 9!!! most 9 year olds are children, we kinda have to remind ourselves that by than, she had reached puberty for some time.