Sign in to follow this  
LayZie G.

Today in Memoriam: EGYPT, partial ban of NIQAB, and author extraordinaire, Mr HITCHENS

The Biggest lie of 2011 would have to be so called "revolution" that occured in Naar Square (famously known as Tahrir Square) in the Egyptian capital, and Egypt's largest city, Cairo.

Cairo, as many here have only read or heard about is a place I called home for over 2 and a half years.

My block was Masar Jadiid and tonight, I bid it farewall as it blazes in the aftermath of Military crackdown.

Tonight, my former neighbours sleep in the dark, fearing for their loved ones as they attempt to put it in context the events that unfolded in the news the last day and a half. Violent images of uniformed men in military outfit using their weapons, lashing men and women alike, crushing them with their weights they take cover from the rocks that are showered with them from the other side.

If Al Jazeera would have its way, we would never see revealing the images of flying rocks and concrete aimed at the military men who stormed the streets in an attempt to clean up the barricades set up by the hooligans that

made in Naar Square their home away from home..

The notion that the removal of Husni Mubarak has brought democracy, justice, freedom is not only ludicrous but

is as misguided as it was in February as it is today.

I was for team Mubarak, I called against the investing of human shields who cried themselves to sleep every night in Tahrir square as anything but a revolution. Some here insisted that indeed this was a revolution. An overthrow

of the old system.

I said it then, I will say it now, overthrow, revolution, what???? When you have an 80+ year old at the helm, how does this translate to the transforming of Egyptian society when all that was completed in february was the change of hats, from Mubarak to his bestfriend and long time Ally, Tantawi?

How is this justice? How is this lie suppose to translate to a period of transformation and a renewal?

The lies of February are coming home to roast this week and tonight, the military is consolidating its power by cracking down on protesters, can anyone say, ITS ABOUT TIME?

I think Tantawi and allies should find comfort in reading the history of the 'Desaparecidos in Argentina', or perhaps find comfort in tucking themselves near the fire as they revisit Stalin's great purges and adopt a policy of terror and violence, ummmh, I mean institutionalize terror over a hot cocoa.

Or perhaps the military junta should throw their hands in the air and allow the Islamic Brotherhood to strategize and bite their time as they sit on the side lines like a pure virgins(as they are doing tonight and have been for several weeks) and let the chips fall were they might, especially if it means instilling discipline in its organization, bitting their time and when the time comes, possibly consolidate their gains from the ballot box and base it in the emasculation of a declining elite rule in Egypt to promote a theory of order that is based on the disorder that is created by them and their likes in the streets tonight.

Masar Jadiid is feeling the blaze and my neighbours are feeling the fire of hell tonight....may God be with them......

and.....on second thought, Today in Memoriam seconds the partial ban of the NIQAB.....

This brings me to my next question of, what in the world? NIQABIS are allowed to take the oath of citizenship while all along wrapped in that awful garment, what in the world?

Here, my Canada, Niqabis were presumed to have taken the oath of citizenship while wrapped in that ridiculous NIQAB, what in the world?

My Canada let this happen? If this is true and If Minister Jason Kenney did receive legitimate reports and complains from judges and constituents that some female or male, as we dont know what is underneath that garb is allowed to enter the room, sit through the ceremony and later take the citizenship oath all the while covered?

Common sense anyone? We shouldnt even let them take the test while concealing their identity much less take an oath while wrapped with the hideous garb.

What in the world? Who let these people in the country?

Minister Kenney and the Conservatives have really exposed this niqab for what it is, an obstacle to progress, a

total sham and yes, just a garb.

Word has it that proponents of BAN NIQAB will now raise funds to lobby Ottawa in order to call for the BAN OF THE NIQAB

IN FEDERAL BUILDINGs. I think this is achievable, seeing as we have conservative majority.

There is a bill that is in the drafting process, with one of its clauses calling for the total ban of the veil, and the mechanism to empower federal workers to refuse service to NIQABIS. Specifically, service Canada has the right to delay an application for unemployment or not process pensions if the applicant does not comply with federal laws.

Another example is the refusal to service niqabis at Passport offices and refusal to cater to female niqabis if they

request a female representative to take her in a private area in order to accommodate her culture beliefs.

Most important, no to citizenship rights if an applicant fails to comply with federal laws...(they will forfeit their right to become citizens of this great dominion if they refuse to comply with federal laws)...however, some of the groups involved in this bill do not promote jail or fines towards applicants, just complete refusal of service.

I agree that fines and jail time will not discourage niqabis, which is why the groups are against the language in the bill that calls for fines and imprisonment for failure to comply.

In short, the bureaucracy is being empowered while discouraging few "Canadians' or permanent residence from getting service in any federal building.

This is Canada, not Afghanistan ladies.

and Finally,

the most revered person in publication, Mr Hitchens is in today in Memoriam:

In one of his many polemics against religion, Hitchens said the following:

“religion is violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children.”

and this is why Hitchen's is in Today in Memoriam.... R. I. P

Cheers,

LayZie G.

Somalia   

Qandalawi;765809 wrote:
Yartanu iyadoo fiyow ayaa iigu danbeysayee ma JIN baa marayna? Nuune iyo Jinihiisi are to blame.

Lol, she joined 2002, so this is an oldie which makes it even more weird.