Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

The Spirit Of Bosaso People Un-Matched In Somalia

Dr_Osman   

As your all aware the city of Bosaso has suffered one of it's worst fires in history which burned down a big portion of the City's market. The people have rose back up and started from scratch kind of like how Bosaso city was started from scratch in the 90s. The un-matched spirit of these folks should not go un-noticed and all Somalis should learn from it. Now as far as the local council is concerned they have done alright in regards to their responses to the fire but I just got news that local traders paid rent years in advance at the stalls in the city and noone is giving them back their money. I see this as a disgrace!!!

Lets start on the positive note from the way I view the crisis!!! When everybody saw this they thought its over for Bosaso!!!

SANY0143.jpg

SANY0076.jpg

Dab-suuqa-Boosaaso-008.jpg

Dab-suuqa-Boosaaso-023.jpg

This guys where nowhere to be seen for 12 hours and I dont blame them I know their is access issues in the market

dabb.jpg

The Clean-up

Picture-026.jpg

Picture-006.jpg

Pictures-5.jpg

Dr_Osman   

Then came the devastating news shortly after the fire that Dr. Ahmed Haji Abdirahman one of the biggest shaykhs in the city was killed in a cold bloody murder. If it wasn't bad enough going through the fire tragedy and the clean up process just to find out one of the biggest shaykhs was slain after he was giving sermon on how to respond to the tragedy that has occurred to the market Definitely affected morale in the citizen and the district government.

Dr.Ahmed Haji Abdiraxmaan . AUN

yaadiley_dr_axmed-300x206.jpg

The Funeral Proceedings held at Masjid Al-Rowda

DSCN1549.jpg

As you can see the city came out for the man

DSCN1567.jpg

The Shaykh being proudly draped in what he lived, taught and believed the quran and leaving the city and this world a hero

DSCN1560.jpg

The faithful all listening to the great life of the Shaykh by his fellow colleagues.

Majidka-Rowda-0322.jpg

Dr_Osman   

After that devastation I couldn't handle it and was praying for some good news!!! And finally my prayers were answered. The Bosaso Administration has found new market place for the traders and this time urban planning was a key issue taken aboard so that another tragedy like that doesn't occur again. Then came hope!!!

Signs of Rebuilding Begin just showing again the spirit of bosaso people

Suuq-006.jpg

Suuq-012.jpg

Suuq-009.jpg

Then came the excellent news of a new site chosen as the new market of the city in the northern suburbs of Bosaso

DSCN2148.jpg

DSCN2144.jpg

Dr_Osman   

Then came this project rehabilitating 4 roads and completing the 3km paved road from the airport to the governor's house

M-JPLG-4.jpg

The mayor leading by example by rolling up his sleeves and getting his hands dirty

cagfyo-3.jpg

Look like they have Solar Going there also see on the top right hand corner

cagfyo-5.jpg

dhagax-dhigga-3.jpg

dhagax-dhigga-4.jpg

Galan-5.jpg

Gaaca-3.jpg

Then came the shocking news of how the bosaso government is not assisting the bread-winners of the city their money back which they paid in advance for years to rent their spot in the market.

Suuq-013.jpg

Suuq-014.jpg

As you can all see it's been topsy turvy ride at Bosaso and at times my spirit goes high then it comes back down low when hearing stories of the hustlers in the city being hustled by their own government!!! Then again it's Bosaso the fastest paced City in Somalia where nothing is the same on any given day which can explain why i get happy for one hour and the next hour devastated all in one day. Thats Bosaso for you love it or weep!!!

Dr_Osman   

Bossaso Admin finally calmed down worried hearts in Puntland that the city will rise up from this challenge some thought it was over others thought the city of enterpreneurs where rocks have been turned into gold is out. How wrong were they? The Bosaso admin first gave a gift to the IDPS our fellow bossaso citizens who truly helped in the rebuilding and clean up phase of these disasters. Your present is solar street lighting in the camps!!!

Round-table discussion between the mayor of bosaso and district councillors regarding the solor street lighting projects for two camps. Mind you these have already been successfully done before at camp saylada xoolaha

Jacbureyshin-075.jpg

Notice the successful projects already completed for the IDPS by just one NGO. I love the transparency and auditing leads to good governance

Jacbureyshin-088.jpg

Dr_Osman   

Bosaso port business as usual so calm down all puntlandis things are not good but it's not doomsday

Dekedda-20.jpg

Dekedda-22.jpg

Dekedda-19.jpg

Dekedda-3.jpg

Dekedda-7.jpg

Dekedda-17.jpg

Dekedda-10.jpg

Dekedda-14.jpg

Dekedda-13.jpg

Clients are still here it's not as fast it's usually is but it's not dead either it will pick up!!!

Dekedda-5.jpg

Dr_Osman   

Finally the bossaso admin not only proved they recovered from an assasination to one of the top shaykhs and market burning down they got the courage to clean it up, started rebuilding sections of it the destroyed market, opened up a new market in the north bosaso section dayax. Gave a gift to the IDPS for their hard work in the past couple of days. Confirmed Business is still ticking over in the city that never sleeps. But as we know Bosaso t They went one step further they started planning for the future. A high level delegation including all governors, mayors, elders and business community of each state went to djibouti to take part in the JPLG program to start long-term projects which span a couple of years in many cities around the region. Please note that Puntland is attending important conferences next year in kenya. So it's timetable is all planned out!!! Below is some pics of the high delegation leaving bosaso going to djibouti to take part in the planning of the long-term high impact project for the region!!!

What a view

Airport+Gobolka-067.jpg

Pavement has started at a small scale

Airport+Gobolka-066.jpg

Airport+Gobolka-070.jpg

Airport+Gobolka-068.jpg

Airport+Gobolka-089.jpg

Airport+Gobolka-095.jpg

Airport+Gobolka-090.jpg

You know this man means business

Airport+Gobolka-094.jpg

Carafaat   

Bosasso indeed is a divers and beautifull business city! Locals are very welcoming, hard working and business minded. very metropolic vibe going on there.

Unfortuantly the security in the city has became like a monopoly business which can be traded like a commodity by a few. This can only be tackled if governance of the city is given back to the people, who can end the dominance of the few crooks who abuse their clans and who see this city as their own personal fiefdom.