Sign in to follow this  
Honesita

Al-Maghrib Islamic Institute

Azmaya   

Masha-Allah, you guys are really inspiring. I feel like loser now, all i do is study dunya alim :( .

Life is sooo busy, we forget to learn our deen. I tried to take class for memorizing Qu'ran online from Islamic American University IAU , but I am taking 19 credit hrs this semester, and am pre-med student so I dropped that class due to the lack of time :( .

Walahi reading your stories inspired me, JZK sisters/brothers. I from Nap town (Indiana), ivolved in MSA and recieved an email for the Fiqh in Love Class Fiqh love class . It looks soo interesting, and I wanted to go, but its $165 :( too much money.

Honesita, if u do come to naptown sister, and you need help with anything just hit me up. You are really mashaAllah traveling here and paying that much money, may Allah reward u. Salaamz

Haneefah   

^Salam sis. I'm glad you felt inspired, masha'Allah. I shall have you know that this one simple decision to take a course will truly make a difference in your life, and Allah will reward you immensely. So don't miss out Insha'Allah, and curse the shaytan when he whispers some excuses...such as high tuition or lack of time etc, what you gain from it is far more worthy. I also think that some of the qabeelah's have a sponsorship plan (wicked innit).

Honesita...love you too daaahling. Jazakallah Kheyran for the tips...I better get to studying I know. As for the cilm fest, it's not confirmed yet but I will try my best Insha'allah. Don't you just love how hospitable the brothers and sisters are, how hightened the notion of giving and loving for the sake of Allah is, masha'Allah. :cool:

Honesita   

Salaamu Aleeykum

Azmaya...sister seems like you need to smacked from the whispers of Shaytan a little...!! It is the last time Shaykh Yaser Birjas is teaching this class...and it is the last time the class is even being offered....!! Abaayo i know being a pre-med student is tough....and i know taking 19 credit hours a quarter is extremely difficult...however, two weekends of your time for learning Dunya/Akhira stuff is worth more than gold to me walaahi...and i'm sure if you just plan ahead and study ahead and save about $50 a month you'll be able to break even financially...but believe me you will never forget the experience...!! Like Abrar said....the brothers and sisters are just very welcoming and i heard reer indiana are even more friendlier...so i'm looking forward to it...would love to meet you and take the class with you.....!! Please sister try your best to attend....contact their student affairs and they'll be able to work with you on a payment plan insha Allah...!! We cant just wish to learn Islam and not do it sis so pleaseeeee register for the class...!! I was thinking about American Open University as well but you cant go to two different universities at the same time so i rather take AlMaghrib double weekend seminars every 3-6 months....and i dont even have a job walaahi....i'm stretching my finaid so much....walhamdulilah allah yibarik...!!

Abrar...i'm not sure either about Chicago...but i'll try my best...!! Do you have surat al-Anam as a take home exam as well...!! If yes, my tip is: listen to Ajami's recitation of AlAnam all the time and you'll end up memorizing it and the answers will be easier to be extracted insha Allah...(beautiful surah)...!!

Fii Amaani'Laah

Azmaya   

Salamz sisters,

sisters mashaAllah, the positive energy and attitude you have is contagious. I usually get many invites to seminars, classes, lectures on the deen but I end up not going to most of them due to my studies, crazy schedule (i know that sounds bad). acudu billah, I seek in Allah's refuge. I wish people like you went to my university, its hard to find positive energy these days.

Honestia walal this class on Fiqh of love greatly interests me most, I felt like the seminar was written for me. I am seriously considering it.....I let you know inshaAllah. I have until 7th to register. And I would also like to meet you sis.

Your planning on staying here in indy for two weeks? Walal, if you need anything just let me know. And inshaAllah you will enjoy your stay, coming from Ohio you will be suprised not lot of somalis here-infact they all (most) live in one neighborhood :D . Salamz

Honesita   

Salaamu Aleeykum

Azmaya...sister i wish and hope you can go...and just to let you know (maybe even encourage you, this is the last time the class is being taught, the last class that Indiana might have as well because the way i heard it your numbers of attendees are also low)...!! So try your best abaayo....register now and dont wait till the 7th, Shaytaan is quite very active you know...you dont have to pay right away....and walaahi abaayo if i had a job i would love to have been able to help you out with some of the fees....when i first took alMaghrib class a friend of mine paid for it and you cant imagine how much i pray for her...!! Anywayz....i'll contact you insha Allah....do you live in Indianapolis or close to it....will we be able to meet insha Allah..?

Fii Amaani'Laah

Azmaya   

Salaamz Honesita,

sister i got soo caught up. I wont make any excuses (even though i feell they are justified)but my schedule is crazzzzzzzy.

Unfortunately abaayo i won't be able to attend. InshaAllah if you are alreadly here and u need assistance in anything sister just let me know. I'll pm you the number. Salaamz, may Allah make u sucessful walaalo and all of our people in the struggle. Salaamz