Sign in to follow this  
Eng.Cadde

i am ahlu-beyt

Few days ago,I was walking along the road in hurried way as the juma prayer was going on,i passed my pakistani friend who was just sitting in a cafe not far away from the mosque.my friend is a cool guy with a habit to make you burst with laughter when ever you hang out with him,when i saw him in his white shalwar khameez,i greeted him and said "why are you sitting here dude,it is time for juma prayer,lets go" in which he meekly replied "Yaar,you dont get it,i am from ahlu-beyt",I avoided having unnecessary chat with him and proceeded my walk to the mosque.I never took him serious that day,but in one night,while we are having fadhi-ku dirir,I caught him telling a lie and tried to interferene,my chicken biryani freak friend replied again with "Yaar,I am ahlu beyt" t to my utter dismay and horror.Later that night,I came home and tried to make sense of what he is saying.This guy believes he can evade islamic prayer,allowed to drink,tell a lie,fornicate and steal because he is ahlu-beyt.I took my few collection of islamic books and read about ahlubeyt but never saw any of the ahlu-beyt doing so.What ever this guy was,it was apparent to me that he was adhering to another religion than that of my own.! if there some one who looked up the islamic religion and saw this way of life is justifed i was forced to conclude that islam is a vast diverse religion.some quranic ayah do not make sense to me when you have one talking about freedom of religion and there is no compulsion in religion while others contradict it by saying those who leave islam should be punished.I try to stay strong and not let the little demon inside me stray me from the straight path.