Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Convo with my friend

I was having a conversation with my friend last night. we talked about many things. i suggested moving to atlanta, georgia in the next couple of years and he said 'you'll be one of those lost somalis, who are never heard from again.....i know a few people like that''. lol. for him to think i'll abondon my community and family like that... quite pathetic! he continued by saying that'll be a huge success in america and that i'll be hunted down by a pre-milf cougar. she'll spoil me with money and toys like Porsche and i'll never again be in contact with anyone again. lol

If your a well grounded person no situation will change you not even money fame or moving to different country. It all comes down to what kind of person you are.

Alpha Blondy;756593 wrote:
I was having a conversation with my friend last night. we talked about many things. i suggested moving to atlanta, georgia in the next couple of years and he said 'you'll be one of those lost somalis, who are never heard from again.....i know a few people like that''. lol. for him to think i'll abondon my community and family like that... quite pathetic! he continued by saying that'll be a huge success in america and that i'll be hunted down by a pre-milf cougar. she'll spoil me with money and toys like Porsche and i'll never again be in contact with anyone again. lol

Of all the places you could move to, why ATL?

Juxa;756924 wrote:
Do you even know how abaar atlanta is? waxaad moodaa jaqafyadi eeh maxaan ku tilmaamaa?

^ i've heard it has swanky jazz bars frequented by afrocentric-african-americans like a close and personal friend of mine. for me its not about place but belonging, the uk feels a little too close for comfort. i believe i will thrive in ATL. i 've read extensively about this place, esp its urban-suburbia's

Juxa   

Unless you are a rapper, the atlanta i saw was poverty ridden. Hard working somalis of course are successful wherever they are

the world you saw is no doubt different from the one i'm attempting to create or to join. what is a 'rapper'? i prefer to use 'artist', whats real and whats projected are different... seen from my viewpoint.