Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

Sarkozy: Netanyahu is a liar, I cannot see him anymore'

Somalia   

Jerusalem Post: French President Nicolas Sarkozy allegedly called Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu a liar in a conversation with the US president, French website Arret Aur Images reported on Monday night.

I cannot see Netanyahu anymore, he is a liar, the report cited Sarkozy as saying.

You're fed up, US President Barack Obama responded, but I have to deal with it all day.

According to the website, the comments were overheard by journalists during a meeting between Obama and Sarkozy at the G20 summit meeting on November 3. A technical failure allowed the journalists to listen to the private conversation on their monitors. They were then asked to refrain from reporting what they had heard.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2011/11/07/sarkozy-calls-netanyahu-liar-report.html

After speaking publicly for a G20 press conference last Thursday, French President Nicolas Sarkozy and President Obama reportedly got into a heated exchange in which Sarkozy declared he could not “stand” Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and called him “a liar.” The French website Arret Sur Image posted the report on Monday, which said the conversation turned to Netanyahu after President Obama berated Sarkozy for not having warned him that France would vote in support of Palestinian membership in UNESCO, despite the White House’s strong opposition to the bid. The report claims that neither president knew his microphone was still on when they started venting to one another about Israel’s prime minister. Obama reportedly responded with equal fervor to Sarkozy, saying, “You’re fed up with him, but I have to deal with him every day!” One would think that such gaffes would be all over the media, but the website maintains reporters were asked to sign papers promising they wouldn’t leak the secret conversation.