Sign in to follow this  
burahadeer

Can somaliland save the day?

Somalia   

burahadeer;751338 wrote:
"and Garowe North" hahaa...and you wana put the jubas under the carpet,rule thm like before & take their farms.They r more in number than PL can eva achieve,armed & dangerous! and what about between galkayo & Mogadishu.Is that puntland,too...Idinkuna faan baa dunida ku rogeysaan
:D
:D:D

Anything south of Galkacyo is part of Mogadishu. The Jubas are made up of several clans. They don't hold power and history shows that there has only been two blocks. Tell me the significance of the politics of Juba? When have you ever heard something important out of Juba even before Al-Shabaab?

Baidoa is the shifting power block, evidently proved by the sacking of Farmaajo.

Carafaat;751335 wrote:
You think Al Shabaab will just go and dissapear? Or that AMISOM will do the job?

No, but it won't be as significant as it is today, it'll probably carry out strikes now and then.

Carafaat   

May I remind you that Al Shabaab is stil power in the most parts of Somalia? They only have been defeated in Muqdishu.

Al Shabaab can only be chased out from the rest of the Somali peninsuala through common efforts from all Somali's and all actors, this includes the people from the Jubba's and Bay Bakool. Eventhought you dont consider them as a 'power block'.

Somalia   

I am talking about the future and where the power blocks will lie.

And I said Al-Shabaab is still significant today in my post before this one.

Carafaat   

So am I. But you dont seem to get it. Let met put diffrently.

The days of 4.5, power clans or blocks as you call them is over. So when the people from Southern Somalia liberate themselves from Al Shabaab, they for sure wont let themselves be dominated again by so called power clans. But only accept that structure of which they are 100%

part of, as is the case now with Al Shabaab.

Somalia   

Carafaat;751592 wrote:
So am I. But you dont seem to get it. Let met put diffrently.

The days of 4.5, power clans or blocks as you call them is over. So when the people from Southern Somalia liberate themselves from Al Shabaab, they for sure wont let themselves be dominated again by so called power clans. But only accept that structure of which they are 100%

part of, as is the case now with Al Shabaab.

Haha, it won't be power clans, I will call it tribalism through a thin veil, others like yourself will call it democracy.

Anything south of Galkacyo is part of Mogadishu. The Jubas are made up of several clans. They don't hold power and history shows that there has only been two blocks. Tell me the significance of the politics of Juba? When have you ever heard something important out of Juba even before Al-Shabaab?

Baidoa is the shifting power block, evidently proved by the sacking of Farmaajo.

yes anything south of Galkayo is part of Mogadishu and that is where the population,power & potato is along with the Jubas,and as far as hearing something important out of juba, I simply put it this way...it's the bread basket of somalia & it's where folks from the central/puntland regions were moving into till the 40s,confiscating land from local people thru the power of gov't & been fighting for the last 20yrs to wrestle again from its owners.Have you eva seen juba people prefering to live else where except refuges running from the hell bestowed on them last few yrs.If peace has to come these people should be left in peace to till their land so the rest of somalia can have enough SOOR.

Somalia   

burahadeer;751744 wrote:

yes anything south of Galkayo is part of Mogadishu and that is where the population,power & potato is along with the Jubas,and as far as hearing something important out of juba, I simply put it this way...it's the bread basket of somalia & it's where folks from the central/puntland regions were moving into till the 40s,confiscating land from local people thru the power of gov't & been fighting for the last 20yrs to wrestle again from its owners.Have you eva seen juba people prefering to live else where except refuges running from the hell bestowed on them last few yrs.If peace has to come these people should be left in peace to till their land so the rest of somalia can have enough SOOR.

People from Puntland didn't come till the 40s and steal land, they came as businessmen. And they arrived in the 1880s, they were the second in Kismayo and build that city from scratch.

http://www.greenstone.org/greenstone3/nzdl;jsessionid=3DA71D129E77C6A6BC8F677510E2D5B5?a=d&d=HASH018018c600064e78c5b1edf2.6.np&c=aedl&sib=1&dt=&ec=&et=&p.a=b&p.s=ClassifierBrowse&p.sa=

Who are they fighting now, the people of Juba? Al-Shabaab or the people who "stole" land. Who stole the land?

Somalia   

Carafaat;751855 wrote:
Back then people also came from British Somaliland, they even have their own neighbourhoud in Kismayo. So what is your point?

Don't know, was there suppose to be one? I'm just countering his comments..

Just counering :D....they probably not more 3 families & didn't build anything.You can find few families every where in somalia & around the world!

Just countering :D....they probably not more 3 families & didn't build anything.You can find few families every where in somalia & around the world!

Somalia   

burahadeer;751892 wrote:
Just counering
:D
....they probably not more 3 families & didn't build anything.You can find few families every where in somalia & around the world!

The words of a sore loser, you brought it up and I finished it :D