Sign in to follow this  
Haashim

When This Will End?

Haashim   

It was the Eid Night, I logged in My MSN messanger to congurulate Asxaabta iyo Qaraabadaba, "Eid mubarak" I said to my cousion who is in Pakistan, "thanks, but for us, tomorow is ramadan" he replied. I say to myself When This will End?, on Eid day i phoned to Kenya to congurulate but they told me it's ramadan here, today (Friday)I heard from Al-jazeera that the biggest Muslim country (Indonesia) is praying their EID today.

I remembered 3 years back, I have been in OMAN, almost all countries were ramadan, even all 6 gulf neighbouring countries, but oman Mufti said we haven't seen the crescent, so it's 30 shaban for us, after tomorow it's the 1st ramadan. I obeyed mufti and didn't fast that day, but my cousin who come from somalia disobeyed mufti and fasted with the muslim majority, (untill now i don't know who was right, me or he?) I returned back to my home at the end of ramadan, but i hd to break my fast with home. i fasted only 28 days, I made this day later, but the problem is still exist, and can happen to everyone. we're seeing this every year. even EID-AL-ADXAA, some countries are fixing EID other than the MAKKAH date, which all muslims are standing in arafat before that day, so the citizens of that country are celeberating EID with the rest muslims in MAKKAH while they setting another date for EID-AL-ADXAA.

So, at least, couldn't we even agree on EID-AL-ADXAA?

Fially, i also remembered, BBC reporter from Muqdisho, saying it's normal in XAMAR that some people are fasting, some not ... some are in EID some tomorow !.

When This Will End?

E I D M U B A R A K

Thunder   

Just as the prayers times are set according to ones location so is the SAWM and the EID, it is common therefore to see Muslims in Saudi having their eid on a thursday and muslims in North America having theirs on a friday for example.

Bisha dhalashadeeda waa in la arkaa Mufti sacuudi jooga wuxuu doono ha yiraahdo.