Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Leaked US diplomatic cables reveal why Azania will not materialize

Sensei   

Gabbal;745051 wrote:
I think the day the Gedo community expelled the combined militias of Koojaar and Afgaduud following the removal of the ICU was the day the population statistics of the city of Kismaayo became apparent to all who cared to look

Seriously!? Kismaayo degaankeeda wey iska cadahay, taasi muran kama jirin, not even our dear leader Siad barre was lost on that. Nin shalay guri ka gatay ama xoogay lagama hadlayo. But, in all honesty, reerka greater D + cidkasta meesha wey degi karaan.

Abtigiis;744936 wrote:
I knew Azania is for my clan simply by looking at the happy face of the uncles I meet. They all seem to worship Gandhi and when I raise concerns, I am the uninitiated. Whoever rules Kismayo is not my conern. Just get rid of the barbarians and establish a city where all can go out and work. Whether the asthethically challenged professor gets a perch in my name is not a matter of concern to me.

LooooooooooL....I stayed in Jabhad establishment when I was in Nairobi. The boys in Jabhad seem least interested. It was mostly the diaspora whether they were reer Galbeed, Sujii or Koonfur that were giddy about this project

NASSIR   

Haha. Funny exchanges.

Allamagan, Dabshid and Baashi, Thanks for the brief intermission of light. We're slowly learning from the past.

Carafaat   

Sensei;745268 wrote:
Seriously!? Kismaayo degaankeeda wey iska cadahay, taasi muran kama jirin, not even our dear leader Siad barre was lost on that. Nin shalay guri ka gatay ama xoogay lagama hadlayo. But, in all honesty,
reerka greater D + cidkasta meesha wey degi karaan.

:confused:

I think the issue is not about if people from certain clans can come and live there. The issue is about certain guest acting as if they are owners of the place.

Faafan   

The force in Lower

Juba will consist of Dhobley/Punt clan militia but will not

include Gedo militia’s from the Gedo region. Gandi

said Gedo involvement in the effort to take Kismayo would

be "horrible" and stated firmly "the Gedo militia can not go to

Kismayo." Dhobley militia’s, in cooperation with Gedo militia

leaders, might go to Gedo to assist Gedo militia’s against

al-Shabaab in that region,
but "Gandi" said this would be a

last resort because of the long-standing tensions between the

two subclans.

Its misleading to state such information without providing the reasoning behind the professors assessment.The Jubba regions is predominantly populated by the Dhobley clan and the Gedo clan dominates the Gedo region, Kismayo is cut from the rest of Gedo by hundreds of Kilometers of territory populated by the opposing Dhobley clan.To have opposing clan militias roaming inside each others territory would prove to be a recipe for disaster and only lead to renewed clan fighting which was the very basis of much of the civil wars fighting, this strategy which isolates clan militias to there home regions would prove to be much more successful in the push against Al-Shabab.The lack of cohesiveness among the militias from the two regions is no more exemplified than the recent debacle between Madoobe(Dhobley) and Cabaas(Gedo)where tension was constantly high In Dhoobley until the the latter departed to Gedo recently, the two clan based militia groups were bound to clash and any attack against Shabab further complicated.The demographic of Kismayo has changed many times in its turbulent history and its future administration should be dealt with at a later date(Hence why if Azania is to materialise it will have the largest representation in respect to its diversity) but it can only be accessed by mobilising the Dhobley clans who’s strategic proximity cannot be ignored and I believe the professor is curious to this fact hence the assessment.It is also noteworthy to put the cable into context, the events relate to the Kamboni-Shabab split where the dhobley clan felt discontent at the treatment of Kamboni and the discontent was open to exploit.

The Professor did make the eventual decision to merge the militas from Gedo and Dhobley and it only proved to be unsuccessful as they are stagnant in Gedo(El-Wak) where Shabab have defeated them in Busar/Bardhere and remain ineffective beyond dhobley in Jubba. because of clan bickering.The fight against Shabab if it is to be successful should be localised and the occurrence of internal rambling limited, this bottom-up approach is necessary in the nation building process.

Carafaat   

Quite ironic how those reisiding in Ethiopia and Kenya think they are entitled to the city of Kismaayo. Only war, disaster and suffering will be the end result, just as in the '90.

Havent people learned anything from history?