Sign in to follow this  
Caano_Geel

Addis Ababa and Mogadishu comparison

N.O.R.F   

Haven't been to Addis and can't remember my brief time in Xamar. But, from friends and family members Xamar was exceptionally beautiful before the civil war(s). Account of Addis by travellers isn't very encouraging at all (read some of the blogs online). Those who go from Addis to Hargaisa comment on how clean Hargaisa is compared to Addis.

Nina Fox   

Ethiopians were qaxootis in Mogadishu in the 70's and 80's. Marqaati dheer maba u baahni my father used to issue them visa's in the late 80's and resident permits to stay and work in the country. If they had it so dandy why would they opt to migrate?

I dont even need to highlight the "war" angle, since oo horey loo sheegey. Comparing a waring nation with a peaceful one is just ridiculous. Im not surprised laakin dad badan oo ee Xamar ka buuxsantey, banaanka darbiyada madaxa ku garaacaayo, clearly qaraar haayo can say whatever they want. Mogadishu was among the elite cities, if not the best city in East Africa, so dadka qurbaha mahdiyeey waxaan odhan lahaa,,,,calaacalka dhaafaa, ask for a visa and we shall accommodate the qaxootis, we are very friendly like that. :)

Nin tiisa daryeelaa tu kale ku dara aan maqli jirey. I would suggest picking up history books and read about the devastating prints a war leaves on a nation and how they bounced back to be bigger and better than before. We will silence the ney sayers Insha Allah, wait and see. Waaaa ShaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaSH!

A_Khadar   

^ I like your hopeful feelings Ya Nina.. I am with you.. I lived both places, Mogadishu prior the war and no comparison the two places. Adis is too dirty both itself and its people. You will hate the place even more in the rainy seasons, too much mud......dhiidhi/dhooqo and you can't walk. Imagine walking in a wet farm somewhere in Shabeele and Juba regions, basically you would leave your shoes in the mud and walk bare feeted...

However in the past 20 years, Adis advanced where Mogadishu was dying.. So the two can't be fairly compared at this time...