Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Why TFG and AMISOM have shown some result after years of failures??

Carafaat   

http://laasqoray.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/110609-Kampala-Accord-signed.pdf

Read the parameters of the Kampala agreements under section 4.

Basicly the TFG/AMISOM donor funding is ends by 31st of august 2011. To get funding for its extended year till august 2012, they need to present results to the donors by 20st of August 2011, otherwise the donors wont extend anymore funding and this would mean the end of the TFG and of the AMISOM mission.

I really dont want to sound negative of the recent succeses of the TFG/AMISOM, but I am afraid this is to get more money.

Carafaat   

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/07/26/were_winning_in_somalia

This is what Boubacar Gaoussou Diarra (the special representative of the chairperson of the African Union Commission for Somalia and the head of the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) said:

"Virtually everything we do at AMISOM revolves around donor support. If that support were to stall now, amid our biggest gains to date, the results for Somalia would be disastrous."

Carafaat;739224 wrote:

Read the parameters of the Kampala agreements under section 4.

Basicly the TFG/AMISOM donor funding is ends by 31st of august 2011. To get funding for its extended year till august 2012, they need to present results to the donors by 20st of August 2011, otherwise the donors wont extend anymore funding and this would mean the end of the TFG and of the AMISOM mission.

I really dont want to sound negative of the recent succeses of the TFG/AMISOM, but I am afraid this is to get more money.

I can't believe this!!! if it's true then they have to wait till nxt august to clean few otha towns,and so on.

Suspicious..wat a coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carafaat   

The Zack;739225 wrote:
^Alshabab's defeat was within, not from AMISOM or TFG per se.

Since 2007 AMISOM had only presence around airport and seaport of Muqdishu. Since couple of months they have more then 24 security outposts around Muqdishu. So we can assume that they are strangely more active, then they have been for the last 4 years.

Carafaat   

Thats the thing, they are not eliminated. But they have been bought off for a couple of weeks, till funding is extended.

Dabrow   

The Zack;739225 wrote:
^Alshabab's defeat was within, not from AMISOM or TFG per se.

This might be true ZACK. Understand me right on this one. There's no need to extend amison mission in somalia until 2012 augusti. In any case. Where are thoose somali forces who undergo traning?